fast forward matches super speed in 2010?

i always have the game on comentry only and all on fastest.. i just want to get through the games, but still its so slow.. in fm2010 will the fastest setting ACTUALLY be fast? thre should be an option to have a game that just scans through and stops for injurys etc but a setting that makes the matches finish in about 2 minutes..

because it takes me about 20 minutes to actually get to a game then 15 minutes to play 1 the game just takes me for ever to get through.. in my first season with liverpool it took me 26 hours to make it through a full season doing everything as fast as i could.. i dont have the time to sit there for a full day to play half a season.. id like to be able to jump on the PC for an hour and play 10 games.. it really puts me off playing.

Watching the matches and the match day experience is key for me, yes some people have said they play on commentary only then study and analyse the stats of the game to get an idea of how their team performed.

However stats don’t show you the whole picture, only a part of it and watching the game on normal speed or bit faster can help you see where your team is going wrong, how each player is playing, where your tactics are going wrong... etc

Well that’s just me.

So, you don't like playing the game. Why play it then?

i do like it, i just dont like it taking so long.. i want a nice fast managment game. i remember championchip manager if you right clicked on continue it skipped forward untill the next match day or anytihng that required your prescence came up. a feature like that would be nice..

i do like it, i just dont like it taking so long.. i want a nice fast managment game. i remember championchip manager if you right clicked on continue it skipped forward untill the next match day or anytihng that required your prescence came up. a feature like that would be nice..

I don’t think you will find another management game as good as FM that simple anymore. Even the Championship Manager games will have high processor usage.

Maybe try the handheld versions or console versions which might be more faster?

All that lovely 3D, tactics wizard, and lovely new features and you want to play it like CM1? Ah well, each to their own.

yeah i would, i have a slow PC aswell so it doesnt help. i played fm for 4 hours the other day and played 6 matches.. its just tooooo slow.. would really like a faster option..

he didnt say he didnt like playing the game, just not the matches and we all know that the matches arent the be all and end all of this game,there is tactics, buying the right players, building your team and backroom staff, studying the stats of players and matches.

for me i like to get through the matches a quick as possible as it takes me ages to get from one matchday to the next because i do spend alot of the time looking for playersand working on my tactics and having a crap pc doesnt help much either, so all i really need to see is the results of matches and read the stats to see if i need o tweak something.

he didnt say he didnt like playing the game, just not the matches and we all know that the matches arent the be all and end all of this game,there is tactics, buying the right players, building your team and backroom staff, studying the stats of players and matches.

for me i like to get through the matches a quick as possible as it takes me ages to get from one matchday to the next because i do spend alot of the time looking for playersand working on my tactics and having a crap pc doesnt help much either, so all i really need to see is the results of matches and read the stats to see if i need o tweak something.

exactly.. would be awsome if you could just simulate the matches.. ie hand over control to your assistant manager and just get the result.. that would be awsome.

Just simulating the games surely cannot be fun? No change of tactics etc. It;s a simulation i.e. as close to real life as you can get, it's meant to be a journey, so when you finish a season, it feels like a season etc. If you want a pick up and go,try the handheld version.

Well, management games aren't supposed to be fast (except for the processing off course :)).

The matches is where it's all about, the result of everything you work for outside the matches.

think what Livew1re is trying to say is can he have an option to speed up the matches cos playing a season ( in the more recent verisons ) takes ages for the casual gamer, back in the day you could fly throu a season but not now.

having said that the extra time to play the game is probably due to the extra features which do add to the game.

Lets all be respectful now. People like to play the game in their own way. How you play the game, or the majority of FM players play the game, isn't the only way to play. FM is a very versatile game, and if he wants to get through his games quickly, then that is how he likes to play. Nothing wrong with that.

By the way, to the starter of this thread, it sounds like you just need a faster machine :(.

I have to admit i dont watch the games either i leave them running in windowed mode while i do other stuff (as in browsing the Internet, itunes etc) but easily within a minute I can check back on the FM tab and it would be waiting for me to give a HT team talk.

If i play this way then each match day takes no more then 3 minutes at a time, including choosing players, changing formations, viewing opponents etc

On the topic,

You can run the games on '"Commentary mode''. That is probably the fastest way to run through the whole game.

I've just realised you said you are already on commentary. Wow, you really need an upgrade in your PC...thats the only way i suppose

To be honest, some matches would definitely use a "quick sim" option, better if with the possibility of preset substitutions to be set beforehand.

That'd be quite useful to skip "meaningless" but needed pre-season friendlies, or early cup games, or any match you don't really want/need to follow closely.

A couple of tips:

- use Holiday mode to skip games you don't care about, with your Assistant Manager taking control

- use a Continue Game Timeout of 5 seconds, set in Preferences. That way the game will auto-continue to the next time it requires an input from you, which would free you up to focus elsewhere some of the time, i.e. you go off to make a coffee/dinner etc and come back to find the game ready for your next input, which may well be your next match.

A couple of tips:

- use Holiday mode to skip games you don't care about, with your Assistant Manager taking control

- use a Continue Game Timeout of 5 seconds, set in Preferences. That way the game will auto-continue to the next time it requires an input from you, which would free you up to focus elsewhere some of the time, i.e. you go off to make a coffee/dinner etc and come back to find the game ready for your next input, which may well be your next match.

thats a great idea, i never knoew that, thanks super blades man

Whenever I go on holiday for a game (sometimes a start saves just to try out a new strategy) and we win, my assman never says anything at full time. The team talk feedback simply says 'none'. So I get players annoyed they're not getting credit. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Occasionally he will say something, usually "pleased" for a big win, but I've had the same problem and never found a solution. The "Assistant takes care of team talks" option didn't do anything.

Archived