Lack of harmony Dinamo Buc. [player naming]

So in my 3 season i managed to pull of the wonders and win the league with 6 points in front of CFR who won the league 2 times in a row (3 times total if you count the 2008 season). First season only one the cup, 4th place in the league and second round after euro cup group stage.

Second season 4th place again, second round after group stage again, but no cup win.

Third season champions, cup quarter finals, first round after euro cup group stage.

In 3 seasons i managed to change the team from top half finishers to champions, rebuilt the team (i'm at work now so i can't recall everyone whom i sold but roughly here it goes )

Bogdan Lobont goalkeeper to man utd for 8 million euros (chairmen agreed to this grrr)

Florin Bratu for 4 million

and the list continues Gabriel Torje (always wanting out), Cosmin Moti (fair price), Ionel Danciulescu, Cladiu Niculescu (both were over 32 years old), Paul Codrea (came in spent one season then sold him on profit), Blay (defender right side ehh just too average player to keep) and a ton of other players (i had over 80 players :O for the entire squad, more then 50 of them in the reserves)

I bought

Vincent Enyeama probably you know Nigerian first choice goalkeeper arround 4.5 million

Jonathan Cristaldo Argentinian striker 3 million plus future clauses (first season 26 games 23 goals in the league)

Cristian Tanase very good right midfielder 1.5 million euros (i consider him my version of messi :D really he hugs the ball and runs runs dribbles and runs then cuts inside and scores)

El Mohammady Egyptian right side defender (a starter for he's country) arround 2 million euros

Gauthier Mahoto France under 21's prodigy, my main center midfielder at the age of 19 touted the next Platini (2 million euros from Portsmouth )

Calin Cristea left side fullback only 300.000 euros after 1 and a half seasons he's my main left side defender current worth over 1.5 million euros

Valerica Gaman and Nemanja Pejcinovic both central defenders a total of 7 million euros they are fantastic together

and the list could go on

So here's my problem as you can see i could replace my leaving players with equal or better ones but now i face my biggest dilemma since i started this save. Finally with this league win i will enter the (Holy Grale) Champions League where i will recive 600.000 euros for a win not 70.000 as in the Euro cup, and from every area i get more money yesss. But the entire season long many of my players wanted out surprisingly this didn't change after we won the title.

Mohammady has one year left of he's contract and he won't even consider my highest offer

Enyeama feels he needs a new challenge after 2 seasons (let's face it he's to good for this team so no grudges here)

Attoukara a young ivory coast left and right winger who is from my academy, he was with the team when i started the game and every coach said that i should sell him, now when he has 6 stars and potential one of the best wingers in the league wants to leave after all that i done for him grrr

Cristaldo after one season says he achieved all he can and after i refused an offer for him he got mad

and the list goes on and on

My question to you all is what should i do after finally reaching the cash cow (CL) should i sell those who want out mainly 7-8 of my top players replace them with same quality then struggle even in the league, but buying only balanced personality or loyal so i don't run into such problems so often, or keep everyone despite the board is concerned that lack of harmony among the players which affects those to who want to stay.

Sorry for the long post, hope you won't mind asking some help here.

I'm afraid you don't have a choice here...

Just SELL all those who want out (or who may want out soon) BEFORE they reach the last year of their contract, otherwise you'll see them disappearing on Bosman rule and you'll lose both the player and the transfer money.

Then sign whoever you want/can, but keep in mind younger foreign players will inevitably want to leave as soon as a semi-famous club from a semi-important league will come knocking at your door.

You may want to try to find some less ambitious players, but there's no guarantee they won't leave. However it looks like domestic players, better if not too young (over 25) will be more patient and content enough to be part of your side.

My advice is:

1) buy foreign players for key roles (DC, MC, ST), sell them at the highest price possible, then reinvest on other foreign rising stars.

2) Build the core of your team with experienced domestic players, who will care more about your team than any random foreigner. Actually some good players will be available on free transfer at the end of the season...

3) Always have a backup plan before you sell a Big Name. Just sell when you already have found (or bought) an adequate substitute.

Last, but alas not least, reaching the Champions League Group Stage won't make wonders for your reputation...

I've reached the First Knockout Stage (i.e. finishing 2nd in the Group) 3 times out of 5, and I've reached the Quarter Finals in UEFA Cup, but my players STILL want to leave when teams like Club Bruges or Roda show interest.

In one word: unless you cheat (FMRTE), or you win 10 Champions Leagues in a row, you won't be able to stop players running away from your team

Archived