Will the top scoarer be rewarded in FM10 ?

grep

If I remember well in FM09 there were no money bonuses for top 3 goal scoarers.

It would be nice to have some sort of money bonus, a special sponsor revenue let's say, for the winners of top 3 scoarers , and each top in its category, I mean top assist man, top passing completion etc....both for the player and for the team.

Maybe even small amounts of money , just to price who win or hit the " podium " .

Same speech for who is called into national team. In Italy a player earns really lot of money to play into national team as extra bonus, beside the standard salary.

-

Just take a look at serie A. Each player who is called into national team earns huge extra bonuses, just get informed please before speaking.

Top scoarer then usually sign lot of contracts with Nike, Gatorade, TV spots and so on , at least in Italy.

Maybe in UK, the top scoarer is forgotten the day after winning the title, dunno that honestly.

Just take a look at serie A. Each player who is called into national team earns huge extra bonuses, just get informed please before speaking.

Top scoarer then usually sign lot of contracts with Nike, Gatorade, TV spots and so on , at least in Italy.

Maybe in UK, the top scoarer is forgotten the day after winning the title, dunno that honestly.

But as a manger youre not responsible for a players deals outside of the club are you? If Nike want to sign the top goal scorer up for advertising or whatever then it is up to the player. As a manger, you would never see any of that cash anyway so whats the problem?

Your abrasive approach is so incredibly boring. Why create a thread asking for opinions and then get on like that when someone gives you an opinion.

Different FA's do pay their players a certain amount for being called up - sometimes. I know the England squad donate theirs to charity, and whilst it was a noble gesture in the past - I think some of the modern day England players would love to be able to claim this money but won't because of how they'll look in the press.

But ultimately, it doesn't relate to anything in game. If your top striker signs an advertising contract with Nike, Wrights Pies or any company out there it doesn't impact upon your game. But clubs don't usually have a golden boot incentive in contracts - the goalscoring bonus is what that is for.

And at international level, the manager has nothing to do with any money players receive - its sorted out by the FA. And finances at international level makes little sense, given that there is next to nothing you can do to help out or hinder the finances.

Your abrasive approach is so incredibly boring. Why create a thread asking for opinions and then get on like that when someone gives you an opinion.

Seconded :thup:. It seems grep comes up with ideas/opinions and asks for feedback, then if its not to his liking he is very dismissive of it, condascending sometimes.

For your first idea - it doesn't happen in real life, so no.

The second point about paying players for international appearances - there's no record of player earnings so that doesn't make much sense. What should be in FM10 is the international managers' salary.

The managers get a bonus on the international stage for qualifying etc etc.

The players have a "players pool" where their bonus' are placed, I read somewhere if you were to win the world cup with england, each player would recieve around 1 million quid.

There is also another bonus scheme i forget where the players give their money to charity.

Giarc, I agree that these sort of fees are probably realistic, but I think Andy is saying there's no real record of them and so it's hard to implement.

Also, FA's don't have budgets etc in game.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. FM records players' salaries as they affect the clubs' budgets, but there is no record (and no need to have one) of players' incomes. As said by many above, it's entirely irrelevant to the game.

Giarc, I'm saying I would support the idea of international managers' salaries and bonuses being recorded. At the moment I'm managing a club and England - I'd like my England job salary to be added to my club income but it isn't reflected in FM09.

In short, this is Football Manager - have the data for manager income; not player.

For your first idea - it doesn't happen in real life, so no.

The second point about paying players for international appearances - there's no record of player earnings so that doesn't make much sense.

This is not an opinion I was looking for, this user states there is no record of that happening, when on the reality it is well known and confirmed by contracts that players who are called by national team selection earns lot of money in addition to their salary.

Now , if you want express your opinion you are wellcome, but please don't confuse opinions with wrong statements like the one above. I am forced to correct with a reaction against who states false things.

Then, a player getting more money by personal sponsor contracts may be less intentioned to leave the team he is playing for, due to the extra income. Usually on lower leagues a player called into national team selections ( under 21,18 ) subito wants to leave the team for bigger ones, even the day after he signed a 5 years contract.

Anything else you wanna me to explain ?

This is not an opinion I was looking for, this user states there is no record of that happening, when on the reality it is well known and confirmed by contracts that players who are called by national team selection earns lot of money in addition to their salary.

Anything else you wanna me to explain ?

If you read my replies you'll realise that I wrote there is no record of players' incomes in the game - FM - and neither should there since it is of no relevance to a football manager.

Anything else you want me to explain?

Again, clearly guys you are not informed.

Here is a link to a web site where it is clear that every player called by national selection team trigs a " salary " to the team where he plays for of 4.000 euro per day in compensation. It is written in italian but Google translation can let you understand what I mean. This is what happen in the real world guys, and this should be reproduced also in FM.

Do you live on the moon guys in UK ? There is also the color tv, the car without horses but powered with gasoline, the men reached the moon etc etc... wake up plz.

http://comesefossesport.blogosfere.it/2008/01/calcio-lindennizzo-uefa-per-i-calciatori-convocati-in-nazionale-il-potere-del-denaro-ha-vinto-ancora.html

Every team where players are called for national selection team are rewarded 4000 euro per day for each single player called.

In Fm I see no reward. Managing a team I should be rewarded by 4000 euro for each day for each player called by national team selection.

That's a minor issue but it happens for real.

How will your ideas effect game play?

More money for lower leagues team. I had 5 of my young players into the nation under 21. roughly at the end of the year I could be rewarded for this risk with roughly 50000 euros.

That's a lot of money for lower league teams, it is called a kind of " insurance " you know what I mean ?

Ok, last one.

In the reality the teams who borrow players to national selection are compensated with lot of thousands euros. This doesn't happen in FM. No big deal ok but lower leagues teams may benefit a lot from this UEFA rule.

Ah, now I get you. Unfortunately with English not being your native language, you were misleading us with your comments. We all thought you were asking for payments to players who earn caps to be recorded. Now I see that you mean payments to their clubs. That's a different matter. It would make a difference to the clubs' bank balances.

For all that, how many lower league clubs have enough international players to make a difference? I suppose it could make a huge difference if you're managing the club side San Marino!

I get him, but are you sure this is an uefa rule. Cause tbh I doubt clubs gets paid for their internationals here in Belgium.

Finally a person who understand !!!

Yep, I'm sure, that UEFA rule is active and let teams have lot of money due to their players national selection commitments.

Is this an UEFA or FIFA rule? Or is it up to the individual FA’s how much compensation is paid to clubs or how much each player is paid?

If salaries are paid then it would come out of the FA’s budget, and if compensation is paid to clubs for international call ups and if it will make a difference to clubs finances then yea why not add it in.

Ah, now I get you. Unfortunately with English not being your native language, you were misleading us with your comments. We all thought you were asking for payments to players who earn caps to be recorded. Now I see that you mean payments to their clubs. That's a different matter. It would make a difference to the clubs' bank balances.

For all that, how many lower league clubs have enough international players to make a difference? I suppose it could make a huge difference if you're managing the club side San Marino!

Yep, sorry I'm not mothertongue.

Club teams - much to the bemoaning of many a manager - do not get paid anything by international teams for their players. This isn't just for English players, but for any players. Russia payed Arsenal no money what so ever for Arshavin's call up - who gets injured on international duty and Wenger is annoyed about it in the press. They don't even cover the players insurance for that period of play.

Whether Arshavin pocketed any money from being called up or not is a different matter - but in no way does it affect the internation or club side of the game because all players get the same or in the same boat (ie England) ergo it doesn't who does or doesn't get called up.

Club teams - much to the bemoaning of many a manager - do not get paid anything by international teams for their players. This isn't just for English players, but for any players. Russia payed Arsenal no money what so ever for Arshavin's call up - who gets injured on international duty and Wenger is annoyed about it in the press. They don't even cover the players insurance for that period of play.

Whether Arshavin pocketed any money from being called up or not is a different matter - but in no way does it affect the internation or club side of the game because all players get the same or in the same boat (ie England) ergo it doesn't who does or doesn't get called up.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/117772

I get him, but are you sure this is an uefa rule. Cause tbh I doubt clubs gets paid for their internationals here in Belgium.

I get what he's saying, I just don't consider it worthy of adding to the game. It's a really weak idea, regardless of how realistic it is, it's absolutely pointless.

That article doesn't go anywhere near in depth enough to remotely facilitate including it in my opinion. It doesn't state anything along the lines of when the money is paid, how much or whether it covers qualifiers as well as the competitions itself. As well as the issue with friendly matches which aren't under the dominion of a competition. The gray area can also be extended to the competitions such as the confederations cup.

But I really don't think it can be that substantial an amount, surely otherwise it'd make sense for a league 2 side to go and sign 15 - 20 part timers from San Marino, Andorra etc and be raking it in every time there is a qualifier. Given that these clubs don't, it does perhaps raise whether qualifiers are counted or not.

You'd need a lot more information on it before it could really be considered a worthy acquisition. We all know Wenger likes a good moan, but if he's just been paid £1m for Arshavin to miss 1 match he wouldn't be complaining, if he's only got a pittance of a few thousand, then its ever likely hes complaining. That's all regarding whether Arsenal actually got a payment or not.

Yep, I'm sure, that UEFA rule is active and let teams have lot of money due to their players national selection commitments.

Is it a new rule? If it is then I am sure that it will be in FM2010. SI are normally pretty good at implementing new rules.

That article doesn't go anywhere near in depth enough to remotely facilitate including it in my opinion. It doesn't state anything along the lines of when the money is paid, how much or whether it covers qualifiers as well as the competitions itself. As well as the issue with friendly matches which aren't under the dominion of a competition. The gray area can also be extended to the competitions such as the confederations cup.

But I really don't think it can be that substantial an amount, surely otherwise it'd make sense for a league 2 side to go and sign 15 - 20 part timers from San Marino, Andorra etc and be raking it in every time there is a qualifier. Given that these clubs don't, it does perhaps raise whether qualifiers are counted or not.

You'd need a lot more information on it before it could really be considered a worthy acquisition. We all know Wenger likes a good moan, but if he's just been paid £1m for Arshavin to miss 1 match he wouldn't be complaining, if he's only got a pittance of a few thousand, then its ever likely hes complaining. That's all regarding whether Arsenal actually got a payment or not.

Uhh.. I'm glad you recognize my statement basis even if your opinion is inclined to point it as a quite useless issue to reproduce.

I agree that's not a major deal, but trust me, when you are on lower leagues every single penny is worth, and having 5 players playing for under 21 national team may relay an oxygen can to a team, even if few thousands euros are involved.

I did a little searching on the net and this is the closest thing i have found on this subject, still looking for more info.

http://www.euractiv.com/en/sports/fifa-considers-club-compensation-international-duties/article-158220

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5367878.stm

I have also written an email to the FA to see if they can clear this up.. am waiting for their response which maybe never lol.

If all the facts were readily available, I think it would be a good inclusion for lower league teams - but at the same time would be a massive source of easy income; which in turn could be used as an exploit. Some people wouldn't use it on principle, but others like myself when managing in the lower leagues. The first place I look for players are the weaker national sides, at first team and U21 level. With AFC Wimbledon I had 9 internationals from places like Luxembourg, San Marino, Indonesia, Angola and other places.

If all the facts were readily available, I think it would be a good inclusion for lower league teams - but at the same time would be a massive source of easy income; which in turn could be used as an exploit. Some people wouldn't use it on principle, but others like myself when managing in the lower leagues. The first place I look for players are the weaker national sides, at first team and U21 level. With AFC Wimbledon I had 9 internationals from places like Luxembourg, San Marino, Indonesia, Angola and other places.

Did I convince you I am not totally crazy ? Well, good.

If there is a kind of possiblity to realize that it must be balanced conceeding really a bonus, not an exploit.

Then, I also assure you it is very difficult , I would say hard to have more then very few players on national teams, also on under 21 or 19. In addition as you state UK compensation should be definitely higher than Angola or Lichenstein for the reason you mentioned.

From reading the article it would at first seem as if a 'gentlemans agreement' has been put in place, rather than a written rule. Also, it gives the impression that it would apply to senior internationals released for the World Cup or Euros. So, there would be no real exploit, as smaller nations are unlikely to make these tournaments.

As for whether it should go in the game, I think there is too little information available to warrant it at the moment.

Let's have a look at the actual FIFA regulations concerning the release of players to a National side.

PDF here.

Chapter 29, Annexe One:

02 Financial provisions and insurance

1. Clubs releasing a player in accordance with the provisions of this annexe are

not entitled to financial compensation.

2. The association calling up a player shall bear the costs of travel incurred by

the player as a result of the call-up.

3. The club with which the player concerned is registered shall be responsible

for his insurance cover against illness and accident during the entire period of

his release. This cover must also extend to any injuries sustained by the player

during the international match(es) for which he was released.

I think the closest thing is the Oulmers case as Abs so kindlined an article about it for us. As far as I know associations don't have to pay wages to clubs for internationals, but they have to pay compensation for injuries incurred while on international duty equal to wages for the periond of the injury plus any medical costs incurred by the club relationg to the injury. It would mean having to code national finances, in some shape, into the game though, so how useful it would be I don't know.

Archived