Football Manager 2010 PC for £17.95 from Zavvi

I dont really care about the free gifts offered etc... So I just saw this today and thought I would share with you! I knew the £29.99 wouldn't last long!!

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/10053714.product

Zavvi don't charge for delivery and if anyone spends over £35 then use this code ZWalk to get £3 off. I used it and bought 2 game one for me and my mate so that was £32.90 for 2 games when HMV, Play, Amazon et al are selling one for £29.99.

I know there is already this thread below but wanted everyone to see it!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=144507

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knew it wouldnt be long before it started coming down in price. The problem is, would you actually recieve it? Aren't zavvi struggling financially atm?

The website side of it was taken over by the group which run http://www.thehut.com/hut/home.dept

They also manage the websites for ASDA, DSGi group and LOVEFiLM.

So I have no doubts over the delivery :thup:

Knew it wouldnt be long before it started coming down in price. The problem is, would you actually recieve it? Aren't zavvi struggling financially atm?

No, Zavvi the high street retailer shut down at the beginning of the year, however their online operation was bought and is now operated by The Hut Group, who also run thehut.com and a few other sites. I've ordered from both sites before and never had a problem.

On topic:

I pre-ordered from there last Tuesday when I saw it at £24.95, however when I saw it had gone down £7 today I cancelled my order and placed a new order at the lower price. Got Pro Evo 2010 pre-ordered from there aswell, only £29.95!

The website side of it was taken over by the group which run http://www.thehut.com/hut/home.dept

They also manage the websites for ASDA, DSGi group and LOVEFiLM.

So I have no doubts over the delivery :thup:

No, Zavvi the high street retailer shut down at the beginning of the year, however their online operation was bought and is now operated by The Hut Group, who also run thehut.com and a few other sites. I've ordered from both sites before and never had a problem.

On topic:

I pre-ordered from there last Tuesday when I saw it at £24.95, however when I saw it had gone down £7 today I cancelled my order and placed a new order at the lower price. Got Pro Evo 2010 pre-ordered from there aswell, only £29.95!

Ahh, cheers for clearing that up then :thup:. £17.95 for FM10, in the words of a current advert..... bargain. I still think it will come down further though. Does anybody know what the delivery is like? Could we expect it on release day?

Ahh, cheers for clearing that up then :thup:. £17.95 for FM10, in the words of a current advert..... bargain. I still think it will come down further though. Does anybody know what the delivery is like? Could we expect it on release day?

I'm not sure about the delivery tbh I have never pre-rdered anything with them until now! Sorry!

No problem, and yes it definitely is! I'm not so sure, £18 is the cheapest I've ever seen it available for pre-order at (got FM2008 for £17.95 a couple of years back) and you can't really argue with that considering most places are selling it at £30. And yeah I'd say you will probably get it on release day, my FM2008 arrived on time and that was from thehut.com, who run zavvi.co.uk.

It won't come down any further. The cheapest you could get it online last year was £17.93 from thehut.com. This site as has been said is run by the same company, so I'd jump on it before they decide to change it back to 20 odd quid

I agree, they usually put it down to £18 for a day or 2 every year and then put it back up to about £25 where it stays set at until a few months after release. So get your orders in quick if you don't want to miss out!

Can you make sense of these terms and conditions from their website?"

"If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom and the Island of Jersey you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a delivery reaches your country"

"To be eligible to purchase goods on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:

• stipulate a delivery address within the UK"

So do they deliver outside the UK or not???

I also notice that whilst not offering a free FM mug or notebook, you do get a discount on sexy underwear. Huh? Are we to play FM10 wearing frilly knickers and suspenders?

EDIT: S0d it, I've ordered. Just have to decide if the FA Cup should come in size D or DD.

"If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom and the Island of Jersey you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a delivery reaches your country"

"To be eligible to purchase goods on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:

I also notice that whilst not offering a free FM mug or notebook, you do get a discount on sexy underwear. Huh? Are we to play FM10 wearing frilly knickers and suspenders?

EDIT: S0d it, I've ordered. Just have to decide if the FA Cup should come in size D or DD.

Could you not get it delivered to someone in the UK who will forward it on to you?

I just found this on their website:

We deliver to addresses both inside the UK and outside the UK. with the exception of Russia and Brazil.

Please note that we are unable to ship Books and Electronics outside of the UK.

Delivery is free on any orders placed to addresses inside the UK.

There is a charge of 99p per item on deliveries to any countries within the EU.

The countries in the EU include:

* Austria

* Belgium

* Bulgaria

* Cyprus

* Czech Republic

* Denmark

* Estonia

* Finland

* France

* Germany

* Greece

* Hungary

* Ireland

* Italy

* Latvia

* Lithuania

* Luxembourg

* Malta

* Netherlands

* Poland

* Portugal

* Romania

* Slovakia

* Slovenia

* Spain

* Sweden

* United Kingdom

There is a charge of £2.35 per item on deliveries to any countries outside of the EU.

Delivery charges will be detailed before you confirm your order and also shown on your email order confirmation.

direct link here http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/orders.info?q=orders1&queryType=1

when pre ordering, you don't get charged until it gets released do you?

"Your card will be charged once your item has been sent to you from our warehouse. Each item is posted and charged for separately to prevent any delays with your order.

This process is automated and normally takes 2 working days from the point of dispatch to charging your card."

link to section on website http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/payment.info?q=payment1&queryType=4

Doesnt specifically mention pre-orders but common practice is not to charge. I am only aware of Argos charging straight away.

I have the same questions that you have, because I don't want to order this for 18pounds and then the import duties and taxes(South African customs) end up making it cost more than it would cost for me to buy from one of the local retailers.

Also how exactly does the delivery after it has arrived in my country by plane, work?

Will the package be delivered to my doorstep? Because they talk of using Airmail for worldwide delivery, but how will the package reach me after the aeroplane has landed? Will it be delivered by a courier such as FedEx or DHL? Or will I have to fetch it at the post-office?

Finally, when will Football Manager 2010 be delivered to me if I pre-order it from them? Will I receive it on 30th October? Or will they only mail it to my South African address on the 30th of October?

So I've contacted zavvi.co.uk to find answers to my questions posed above.

I will post here, when I receive their reply...

I have the same questions that you have, because I don't want to order this for 18pounds and then the import duties and taxes(South African customs) end up making it cost more than it would cost for me to buy from one of the local retailers.

Also how exactly does the delivery after it has arrived in my country by plane, work?

Will the package be delivered to my doorstep? Because they talk of using Airmail for worldwide delivery, but how will the package reach me after the aeroplane has landed? Will it be delivered by a courier such as FedEx or DHL? Or will I have to fetch it at the post-office?

Finally, when will Football Manager 2010 be delivered to me if I pre-order it from them? Will I receive it on 30th October? Or will they only mail it to my South African address on the 30th of October?

So I've contacted zavvi.co.uk to find answers to my questions posed above.

I will post here, when I receive their reply...

I have no idea, you have done the right thing by contacting them. I wouldn't imagine you getting it on the 30th to be honest.

I've pre ordered with them now as that is a really low price.

Still won't cancel my ShopTo one yest as I'll see if they'll do a price drop. I like ShopTo as you tend to get games on a Wednesday or Thursday whereas with Zavvi I have no idea when they would despatch and whether it would arrive for the 30th or not?

Ah, gstarblues, if only I'd read that bit before I ordered. I'm having delivered to my mum in England who will forward to me. Actually, despite the week's delay, it's probably the better option given that customs in this country is among the most corrupt in the world.

Then again, my mum will probably nick the sexy lingerie. Swings and roundabouts, eh?

I've pre ordered with them now as that is a really low price.

Still won't cancel my ShopTo one yest as I'll see if they'll do a price drop. I like ShopTo as you tend to get games on a Wednesday or Thursday whereas with Zavvi I have no idea when they would despatch and whether it would arrive for the 30th or not?

My only issue is they have completely lost an order of mine before and I have heard stories of credit card fraud happedning ut I have used them and never had any problem like that. I have never ordered off Zavvi before so fingers crossed.

I agree, they usually put it down to £18 for a day or 2 every year and then put it back up to about £25 where it stays set at until a few months after release. So get your orders in quick if you don't want to miss out!

Well let's hope that zavvi's price doesn't go up until 2 weeks before release day... Because I have to wait until then to find out whether my pc will be able to run FM10.

Well let's hope that zavvi's price doesn't go up until 2 weeks before release day... Because I have to wait until then to find out whether my pc will be able to run FM10.

You can always order now and cancel 2 weeks before it's out if you need to. You don't get charged until it's been shipped, which won't be until 2 or 3 days before the 30th

Ah, gstarblues, if only I'd read that bit before I ordered. I'm having delivered to my mum in England who will forward to me. Actually, despite the week's delay, it's probably the better option given that customs in this country is among the most corrupt in the world.

Then again, my mum will probably nick the sexy lingerie. Swings and roundabouts, eh?

I think you have done the right thing mate it might take a bit longer but it will be worth it. I was in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand earlier this year doing some travelling but never made it to Cambodia.

I was in thailand for 15mins and we had to bribe the cops, so i know exactly what you mean!

Sorry was that your mum swings? could be interesting with the lingerie on :D

My only issue is they have completely lost an order of mine before and I have heard stories of credit card fraud happedning ut I have used them and never had any problem like that. I have never ordered off Zavvi before so fingers crossed.

Funny you should mention the credit card thing. They are based around Reading or somewhere (site is down so cannot check) and I bought a game and used my credit card for the first time in like 6 months, three weeks later two £30 Vodafone tops ups appear on my card from a place like 15 miles west of where they are based.

I contacted ShopTo and told them of this and my cards fraud department was notified and ShopTo denied it was them despite not using the card for ages and when the fraud took place it was near where they are.

They denied it was dodgy employees and I got my money back from the card and cancelled it a few days after that.

I like to think it was a one off event and that behind the scenes these individuals have been sacked as I do like their prices and service so I will continue to use them.

But, as the Zavvi price is so so much cheaper than ShopTo's like £6.90 I will keep my order with them if ShopTo don't match the price.

Funny you should mention the credit card thing. They are based around Reading or somewhere (site is down so cannot check) and I bought a game and used my credit card for the first time in like 6 months, three weeks later two £30 Vodafone tops ups appear on my card from a place like 15 miles west of where they are based.

I contacted ShopTo and told them of this and my cards fraud department was notified and ShopTo denied it was them despite not using the card for ages and when the fraud took place it was near where they are.

They denied it was dodgy employees and I got my money back from the card and cancelled it a few days after that.

I like to think it was a one off event and that behind the scenes these individuals have been sacked as I do like their prices and service so I will continue to use them.

But, as the Zavvi price is so so much cheaper than ShopTo's like £6.90 I will keep my order with them if ShopTo don't match the price.

Thta sounds familiar as soon as you mentioned Vodafone. I use a deal website called http://www.hotukdeals.com/ which is where I saw FM2010. Im pretty sure quite a few people had that problem. I will try and find out for you!

Found this mate http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1054696

and this

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/411526/warning-credit-card-fraud/

Btw, the following law applies in my country(South Africa).

I took this from the national revenue service's website: http://www.sars.gov.za/home.asp?pid=180.

Children under 18 years of age

Children under 18 may also claim duty-free allowances and exemption from VAT on goods imported by them - with the exception of alcohol and tobacco products - provided that they are for their personal use. This allowance applies whether or not they are accompanied by their parents or guardians.

But, does this law only apply when I enter the country with my goods or will it still apply if I for eg. order FM10 from Zavvi? Because I am 16 and although the parcel will be paid for by my dad(as I don't have a credit card) I am still eventually accountable for the price of the package.

Do any of you think that if I somehow arrange for a note to accompany the parcel that

I am under the age of 18 years and refer to the statement above(on the SA Revenue Service's website) that I would be exempt from taxes and duties on FM10 when it is delivered to me?

Btw, the following law applies in my country(South Africa).

I took this from the national revenue service's website: http://www.sars.gov.za/home.asp?pid=180.

But, does this law only apply when I enter the country with my goods or will it still apply if I for eg. order FM10 from Zavvi? Because I am 16 and although the parcel will be paid for by my dad(as I don't have a credit card) I am still eventually accountable for the price of the package.

Do any of you think that if I somehow arrange for a note to accompany the parcel that

I am under the age of 18 years and refer to the statement above(on the SA Revenue Service's website) that I would be exempt from taxes and duties on FM10 when it is delivered to me?

Imported goods are goods that you bring in to the country, whether it be personally or by ordering them online.

And I don't think you'd be able to do that, your dad will be the importer because it is his card that is being used for the purchase so he is classed as the buyer. The purchaser of the goods is accountable for any customs charges and taxes, even if the goods are meant for someone else. Here in the UK the limit for charges is higher if the item is marked as a gift, so you could maybe arrange for the item to be labelled as a gift (having it gift wrapped by zavvi could be a good way of doing this, although it will cost extra) but I'm not sure if the same thing applies for South Africa.

I have no idea, you have done the right thing by contacting them. I wouldn't imagine you getting it on the 30th to be honest.

Yeah, unfortunately neither do I... But hopefully I will get it in time for my birthday on the 6th of November. :rolleyes:

Imported goods are goods that you bring in to the country, whether it be personally or by ordering them online.

And I don't think you'd be able to do that, your dad will be the importer because it is his card that is being used for the purchase so he is classed as the buyer. The purchaser of the goods is accountable for any customs charges and taxes, even if the goods are meant for someone else.

You're probably right, but maybe I get lucky and I don't have to pay any import duties... That would be :thup:

Here in the UK the limit for charges is higher if the item is marked as a gift, so you could maybe arrange for the item to be labelled as a gift (having it gift wrapped by zavvi could be a good way of doing this, although it will cost extra) but I'm not sure if the same thing applies for South Africa.

Didn't you mean to say that the limit for charges is LOWER? Or am just being a bit thick? :confused:

Thanks for your advice anyway.

Oh well, I think I'll order it tonight or tomorrow seeing as I can cancel the order if need be (if my pc doesn't meet the min system requirements). Then I just have to hope for the best in terms of duties and taxes at customs.

Zavvi site seems to be down when you click on pre-order.

I experienced that earlier too, but eventually when it did respond 4 FM10's had been added to my basket. So just keep on trying, it should eventually come right.

You're probably right, but maybe I get lucky and I don't have to pay any import duties... That would be :thup:

Didn't you mean to say that the limit for charges is LOWER? Or am just being a bit thick? :confused:

Thanks for your advice anyway.

Oh well, I think I'll order it tonight or tomorrow seeing as I can cancel the order if need be (if my pc doesn't meet the min system requirements). Then I just have to hope for the best in terms of duties and taxes at customs.

Yeah hopefully you won't but you probably will have to. I don't think they'll be all that much though, not for an £18 game.

Haha no, I should have made myself clearer. The limit for applying charges is higher. You have to pay VAT if the value of the item (plus shipping) exceeds £18, whereas if an item is marked as a gift the limit is doubled to £36.

I experienced that earlier too, but eventually when it did respond 4 FM10's had been added to my basket. So just keep on trying, it should eventually come right.

I am finally getting somewhere but the quality fo Zavvi's site doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Your never believe this but when I refered to my incident and the coincidence with ShopTo I ordered in June the same time as what the people in both the threads are saying.

The thread does go onto say that 19000 credit card number were stolen and had been in the hands of thethieves for a fair while.

I'm not going to say it was an employee at ShopTo but it was a coincidence and I've used my bank debit card twice with them since and nothing. Mind you ShopTo are not going to come out and say that an employee has stolen from people who have shopped with them are they as it would be bad for business.

As with any purchase we make online it could happen to any of us at any online retailer but when you compare store prices to online prices there just is no comparison at all, so we continue to purchase online.

Yeah hopefully you won't but you probably will have to. I don't think they'll be all that much though, not for an £18 game.

Haha no, I should have made myself clearer. The limit for applying charges is higher. You have to pay VAT if the value of the item (plus shipping) exceeds £18, whereas if an item is marked as a gift the limit is doubled to £36.

O ok, yeah now I understand what you meant. Well, South African custom's officials reportedly tax goods on account of their mood. For eg. I import games to the value of R500(roughly £40) and I don't have to pay any taxes or duties. Then I import games to the value of R100(roughly £8) and I have to pay R50(roughly £4) worth of taxes. There isn't really any fixed rate that I know I will have to pay. But, yeah it'll definitely be worth ordering from Zavvi, as the cheapest I'll probably be able to get it in SA(when it eventually becomes available for pre-order/arrives in the country) should be roughly between £30-33. And the chance that I will have to pay taxes of £10 is unlikely... As with delivery included FM will cost just over £20.

Archived