No national keeper

I wonder if SI could ensure every manageable nation on start-up comes with at least one keeper loaded (maybe the one with the highest CA or PA,) and if a team becomes manageable during the game but has no keeper a youngster can be auto-generated next regen point with at least an average CA/PA based on the country's reputation. Similarly if the only keeper retires, another is regenned.

Try downloading Gillsminnows retain players edt file, helps a lot with the regens. Otherywise just keep 3 spaces free in any squad they shoud be filled out with grey goalies. Depending on the country's rep they could go from useless to brilliant.

Sorry forgot to mention that you'll have to start a new game for the edt file to work, and put it into the 9.3 db folder.

Are there any french goalkeepers with dual nationality you could use?

During an old FM08 game I somehow got the Israel job, but was very short of players in many areas. The national pool wasn't very good but I found that if I did a general player search for Israeli players it through up plenty more players (ones who had not been anywhere near the national team in the past).

I find this to be total *****, I realize that the game is going to be anglocentric no matter what, because that is the target market - where does SI think that all the talent that the EPL steals from the FFL comes from though?

Yeah It sucks. You would think the game should be getting better but no. Things that worked before are well and truly broken again.

It's great that they can claim a few improvements every release but imagine if they had to claim everything that they break from previous versions. It really is one step forward and two steps back. But hey, at least we know the game can never be perfect because they love to break the things which work so yay.

Otherywise just keep 3 spaces free in any squad they shoud be filled out with grey goalies.

My squad for the Hungary friendly was 22 players and the max was 26 yet not grey goalies appeared.

Are there any french goalkeepers with dual nationality you could use?

Unfortunately not, nobody has come up in my search.

You should loaded all player from Ivoy Coast...

It wasn't my initial intention to go into international management on this save, i just think it's pretty daft you're able to manage a nation but the game doesn't make at least one keeper available to you, not impressed.

Guy Demel only shipped in 2 as we drew 2-2 with Japan in our opening WC game.

You should loaded all player from Ivoy Coast...

No, retain players is better. Because you don't know before the game starts which job you will be offered. There are a lot of crap Ivorians at obscure clubs who you don't want to eat cpu-power. Load all Ivorians and you're stuck with them while you could be offered the Algerian job instead this time.

A good retain player file gives you a good range of players from a lot of chosen countries. That means that the opponents of your Ivorian team for example does have real players too which makes International management a lot more satisfying.

My idea has always been that to prevent grey teams from playing ridiculously good grey players, I'd generate a set of random but unsignable players in all competitions you have loaded (not just national teams - say you play in the Champions League, but don't load Ukrainian teams - the game then generates random but unsignable Ukrainian players. When they exit the competition it deletes these players. The same goes for national teams you manage - the game generates enough unsignable players for you to use and when you resign or the Ivory Coast has no more fixtures in the near future the players disappear.

My idea has always been that to prevent grey teams from playing ridiculously good grey players, I'd generate a set of random but unsignable players in all competitions you have loaded (not just national teams - say you play in the Champions League, but don't load Ukrainian teams - the game then generates random but unsignable Ukrainian players. When they exit the competition it deletes these players. The same goes for national teams you manage - the game generates enough unsignable players for you to use and when you resign or the Ivory Coast has no more fixtures in the near future the players disappear.

Yes, but when i manage a national team, i want real players with a real career. You can't build a team with only grey players. Tomorrow, I'll have 26 other grey players.

I took the Ghana job on my current save, but the only Ghananian goalies are two 16-year old regens who are absolute crap. I've only played one game, we're we got a 6-0 thrashing in a friendly against England. The 16-year old goalie was at fault for four of the goals and ended with a rating of below 4. This naturally takes away all the fun and realism, if I just could have played on with one of the three grey keepers Ghana used before I took charge... (And no, they don't appear if you chose a national squad of 23 players instead of 26 with no goalies included)

I really hope that in the future at least one grey keeper will appear in your squad if you pick don't pick any goalies.

Archived