have you used fm editor or fmrte?

Yes only once, there was contract setting for a Defoe I think it was that; seriously effected the team he was playing for that was wrong and incorrect and was advised to run via official sources, as the game patch missed it out that was the only time. I never have used any game editors ever for FM. Just not my cup of tea.

I use to play two saves before.

1- normal play with no editing at all

2- edited database with added teams, players etc and this would normally be saved and played between few friends.

I dont see the harm in anyone using editors, what matters is the user getting the most enjoyment out of the game.

Yeh I use it to increase the maximum capacity of my stadium, as its the only option for me, because i've never had a new one built.

If I get a league 2 side to the premiership, end up winning champions league and have 300 million in my bank, it annoys me when my stadium is still only 25,000 or something. So I usually edit it.

All the time. During the transfer window I was using FMRTE to make all the real-life transfers reported in the press, managerial changes etc. Plus, with my FM09 save being in it's pre-FM10 death-throes I'm having a bit of fun creating wonderkids and all sorts of cheating. It's my game, I don't boast about my achievements in the forums and I'm enjoying myself!

I've used the editor a whole tonne. Mostly for the creation of teams & players etc.

The only problem is that the only saves I ever seem to play are the unedited ones.

I have also used FMRTE, mostly for Loan cheating:

This involves me loaning out decent players to EPL or Championship clubs

then use FMRTE to swap the loaned player for someone who I'd prefer to loan out :D

I occasionally use FMRTE, but I try to use it in a justified manner. I once had Wes Brown (who played regularly I should add) complain to me he needed a new challenge. I tried everything but he demanded to be transfer listed. Wes Brown, on a good contract at a brilliant Man United side, playing regular PL and CL games, demanding a transfer... I can take a lot of rubbish from FM, like Carrick being upset because I wouldn't let him talk with Valencia (for crying out loud), but this just seemed TOO random.

In cases like that, I use FMRTE and I don't feel guilty about it one bit.

I dont have the Data Editor so... no.

If you mean the one that comes with the game then of course you have it. :rolleyes: I'm assuming you downloaded with steam and if so should find it in the steam folder on your computer.

I don't know the location of this folder though since I never use steam and have the disc version. One thing that might work is if you have an FM icon on your start menu then right click on it and select run data editor from the menu that should appear. Well it works for me but like I said I have the disc version so it might be different for steam users.

On games where I'm just messing about I will occassionally pop it open, use it for a few things. But on my main save never go near it because I don't want to ruin it for myself.

I don't think an editor would be any quicker now for finding good players than my own scouting network is these days. Tottenham had a regen come through in June on regen day, and by the end of July my scouts had already picked him out as a must-buy player. So I'm buying him for 15m lol.

So it takes time, but it can reach a point on your save where a good player can't be moving clubs without you being aware of it.

I used the Data Editor to create a local team I would try to turn into a successful team (stuck at the end of Season 1, where I avoided relegation against all odds).

And to fine-tune some players who just weren't treated fairly in the original DB, or who had been given "wrong" roles.

As far as FMRTE goes, I just used it on three occasions:

1) To dramatically reduce Alessandro Rosina's attributes... he could just dream about being half as good as they made him in FM09. I honestly couldn't stomach seeing him scooping up awards and being generally awesome.

2) To extend the contract of two of my players, just because I didn't want to lose them on Bosman's rule. I'll sell them of course, as they want out, but no way I'm gonna lose money for that.

3) To boost my club reputation (from 5100 to 5600). Hell, after 5 back-to-back league titles and after some respectable Champions League outings my club rep wasn't the higher in the league... Makes little sense to me.

Not to mention my team rep is still on par with Coca-Cola Championship teams... Laughable.

So I think my use of FMRTE has been kinda fair, basically just trying to "fix" some injustices or inconsistencies in the game.

But I try not to resort to using it as much, as I feel it's cheating.

Genie Scout on the other hand, is just another way to avoid getting screwed by the flawed scouting system

Never use the editor or FMRTE, or even Genie Scout.

No need I feel to use the editor, as it's unlikely I in my infinite wisdom can do anything better than what SI have done what with them having put in tons of work into researching the data (or their researchers at least).

Similarly, I have no quibbles with the scouting system, so would not use Genie Scout.

Because you can fix a fair few things that are unrealistic in the game, or don’t work as well as they should (ie injuries, stadium expansion, club reputation, excessive wage demands by young players etc etc) AND you can change/add lots of things which in reality you have absolutely no right to be doing (ie making super players, swapping players for free, changing contracts etc etc).

I personally love the real time editors as they give users more freedom to play the game the way they want to, whether that be to make it as realistic or unrealistic as they like. And like someone said above, so long as you don’t edit things and then come on the forums and brag about your achievements (as if you haven’t editing anything), then I don’t see why anyone else should have a problem with them.

…I also find myself learning new things I can do with the editor all the time. Like I just learnt from one of the above posts that you can use the swap player feature to loan players to clubs in a more realistic way. I’ll be trying that one for sure when I go home. Thanks!

Never used FMRTE.

I use the editor when i get bored to create a database that will entertain me until i decide to go back to the unedited DB's.

E.g at the moment i have added my home team in place of Montrose in the Scottish 3rd dividion to see where i can take them.

Usually at some point as well i will edit the scottish teams to have top reputation squillions of dollars and top class facilities and stadiums for some fun.

My edited DB's don't usually last long as i am almost invariably drawn back to unedited DB's which i seem to find more fun.

I have used it, for stadium expansion. I'm actually proud of myself lol, I did load an old save and messed to see what I could do and it is impressive but I WILL not use this FMRTE to do well as I've played 4 season's as Utd and done well. The fact that the stadium wont go up annoyed me so I figured I could change just that lol

Be honest people.

I used fm editor to place two players in the game with equal stats and a ca of 200 and see the difference be tween AI control and my own

I used fmrte to add exspansion to my stadium because the board refused to move even though i'd done everything possible

I've got two games running now. One with Chelsea that has not been touched and another which panders to my fantasy that a multi-billionaire will take over Everton and throw obscene amounts of money at the club - with the use of FMRTE of course.

Whilst I've been cautious with Chelsea, spending "only" £50m in three seasons, my spending with Everton has been that of Elton John when faced with the local florist.

In my first season I spent £460m and in my second am upto £577m and now have this starting 11:

Buffon

Sergio Ramos

Vidic

Ferdinand

Chiellini

Fabregas

De Rossi

C Ronaldo

Kaka

Messi

Benzema

With a host of stars littered in the first team squad and, as far as I'm aware, every young player with high potential in the reserves or under-18s.

Aren't you bored I hear you ask? Surprisingly not. Games haven't become one-sided, I can still see how the team can improve and it will be interesting to see how those youngsters develop.

I use both but not to help me

use FMRTE to keep pace with transfers etc/ stop chelsea spending

increase some players stats based on current form i.e. Just uped Lennons he has started the season very well

dont see the point of editing in your favour........whats the point !!!!

But both are great tools in tweeking a few things....i.e. notts county/man city

and Fmrte is real time which is great(just wish you could transfer players like the pre game one and add injuries!!)

Archived