Toadi

Luke: Version 9.0.0

Lewis: Version 9.1.0

Rhien: Version 9.0.0

*Both using the default database for our respective versions*

No Edits

-------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Luke and Lewis's (and Rhien's) Incredible Journeyman Game

The idea here is that we all play through identical games (then I realised that Luke hadnt updated! and neither had rhien! :eek:) So we're playing incredibly similar games, and we're looking to see who can do better. We are (obviously) not playing this on the same laptop, nor on a network game. Instead we are staying in contact and meeting up every so often, and keeping our game dates within 1 week of each other at the most.

COMMENTS DEFINITELY WELCOME!

RULES:

- All countries selected with almost all leagues available. (only countries with limited leagues are a couple of the South American countries (iirc: Ecuador, Chile and Columbia), and a couple of the smaller asian countries.

- Must start at earliest point in the game (Columbia Jan 2008)

- Must start unemployed with professional experience

- First job accepted MUST NOT be an english club, and MUST NOT be a premier league scottish club.

- The users must stay within 7 gamedays of each other.

- All SGEs and scout utilities are forbidden. You must use the bdget given to you by the club, the players without pumped stats, and the scouts that you can afford or find at your club.

- Success is based primarily on the hall of fame points system, however consideration will also be taken for

- Taking a low league club up through the ranks

- Retaining a title, never mind how low down (i.e. a lower league cup unavailable to upper leagues, e.g. FA Vase)

- Becoming a Favoured Personnel, Icon or Legend at a team

- Doing Better than expected or predicted in a season

All Updates will take this form

User: [Lewis or Luke or Rhien]

Job: [CLUB]/[Country]

Game Date: [#] of [month] 20[##]

*Signings*

IN:

Ran Dom - Team FC(£1m)

OUT:

Other Man - Elsewhere Athletic (£550k)

Fixtures

[Home Team] 3-0 [Away Team] **

Comments

blahblahblah

*If any

**In Team Colours, Away team in away colour if necessary

User: Lewis

Job: Legnano / Iran

Game Date: 1st of February 2008

Signings

IN:

Dany N'Guessan - Lincoln (50k)

Alessio Tacchinardi - Unattached (Free)

OUT:

None

Fixtures

Currently none

Comments

Ok, So we've got our jobs (Luke will post his update soon), I got the Iranian job and was delighted. And when I saw an Italian club, with a good budget of £120k I was ecstatic!

Turns out, the latter was a big mistake.

Legnano, although a good side in Serie C1/A, and with much potential to do well in the future, the league itself is a huge stumbling block. As there is a restriction of 0 non-EU players. As the manager of Iran, when I search for players, many players from Iran and the surrounding countries appear. This means, my player hunt is made more difficult as EU players must be found. So I thought, lets have a look at one of my old favourites. Denys Vasin, an 18 year old Ukrainian Striker who begins the game at Chornomorets, worth £40k but always available for £1.6k - £2k. Apparently, Ukraine is NOT european enough for the Italian Lower leagues. This caused me to feel incredibly let down, as he is usually an early signing of mine. My second issue is that Vasin appears to be going to the club that I first purchased him with in another journeyman game, Kuban Krasnodar. Suddenly, all my feelings for the second tier russian club came flooding back, and I now can't get the lovely Green and yellow strip from my head! I love Kuban and always regretted elaving them in that game, and I realise, I may get my chance in this game! Unfortunately, the Kuban manager is still there, so I will need to bide my time...

Internationally, getting ready to prepare for my first match in charge of Iran (and with the Italian league starting in the autumn (game doesnt play half of the 07-08 season) I can focus entirely on the friendlies and then the World Cup Qualifiers!) This friendly is against Qatar, and I already feel quite confident.

Next update, most likely to be after Luke's!

Comments welcome!

User: Lewis

Job: Legnano / Iran

Game Date: 13th of February 2008

Signings

IN:

None

OUT:

None

Fixtures

Iran 1-1 Qatar

Hashemian (45+3) - Waleed Jassim (73)

Comments

UNBELIEVABLE! Really disappointed with my first friendly. Was expected to win here... May have to rearrange my tactics from my classic 4-1-3-2a

Iran13feb08.zip (2 KB)

Now, to be fair, I have revamped quite an amount of the usual squad, and we have a number of injuries. But still, I was hoping for a good win...

On the Club football front, still regretting Legnano, so looking out for Kuban, as well as other jobs. Unfortunately, the only jobs available are three that I applied for before taking Legnano, and im just waiting for them to reject me.

User: Luke

Job: Lokomotiv 1936 (Plovdiv) / Iran

Game Date: 19th of February 2008

Signings

IN: Ardeshir Dejagah - Free Transfer

Angel Stoykov - Free Transfer

Tomas Silhavy - Vlasim (Free)

Ferenc Roth - Viktoria Plzen (Free)

Farhad Kheirkhah - Persepolis (Free)

Bijan Koushki - Esteghlal (Free)

Denys Vasin - Chornomorets (£2K)

OUT: Iskren Pisarov - Slovan Liberec (Loan Fee £4K)

Dani Kiki - Most (£120K)

Nikola Denev - Usti nad Labem (£8K)

Stayko Soychev - Banik OOstrava (Loan Fee £2K)

Angel Yoshev - Trinec (£55K)

Ivan Karamanov - Sigma Olomouc (Loan Fee £4K)

Metodija Stepanovski - Free Transfer

Bernard Hagan - Free Transfer

Milan Milutinovic - Free Transfer

Pavle Delibasic - Free Transfer

Fixtures

Vietnam 1 - Iran 0

Van Hien Santoso (81)

Comments

Well, the start of the season is the best, transfer time! got a job with Plovdiv which had some good wages and transfer budget, but i removed extra deadwood n managed to add almost £200K to the budget and only spend £2K which leaves me with some money later in the season if needed! limited to only 5 non-eu players, i chose carefully n decided to add 3 iranian players to my squad as i am also the iran manger. they are nifty players who were free, 1 defender, 1 attackive midfielder and 1 striker, so options are avaliable! Vasin could turn out to be the signing of the summer, cheap as chips! Lewis wanted him with his team but he couldnt sign him as he is a non-eu player, but i wanted Tacchinardi but he didnt want to move, so swings and roundabouts.

As for the result in the freindly, very dissappointed. its only a friendly though, so i made changes and used different tactics to experiment, but i will be expecting a win in the next match. i have 2 more friendlys left before world cup qualifiers start so hopefully the performances will pick up.

Oh and finally, my personal expectations for the out come of the season with plovdiv is to win the league and get into the champions league qualifiers or minimum some european comepteion which happens for any team in the top 4

Peace out XxX

Archived