Are Wonderkids all they seem?

Coop

To be labelled a wonderkid a player has to have a PA of over a certain amount along with a CA of over a certain amount. This means that the players will always have the potential to be a top star. The thing is potential isn't everything if a CB has great potential but has 5 for jumping and 9 for tackling with positioning and decisions of 4, despite having high potential they will not be able to become a top CB.

Like Tibbolini said if the players are left in the reserves then they may never reach their potential.

I would add that first team time is critical. I've also heard that a player's reputation/fame plays a part too. So if they feature in a national squad, captain a U21 team, etc, or feature in the first team, this would increase their rep. That's my guess. So it's a mix of their abilities and their results, so to speak.

I was thought to believe being labeled as "wonderkid" has nothing to do with PA. I thought it was for players to have an exceptionally high CA for their age.

So that indeed they not always become a world class player.

Off course every player with high PA that does not get trained, tutored, looked after well will never reach that potential.

I was just about to point out what SCIAG just said. They also need to have a fairly high reputation along with the relevant CA and PA values to be considered a Wonderkid. I've had countless players labelled as "Promising Youngsters" when they are at their initial clubs and when they sign up for me they become "Wonderkids" because of their reputation increase.

Ajax isn't what it used to be, so the club's rep is probably not high enough for it.

I think that will be the reason, but my team is 19th in the world. It seems a bit odd to me why lesser teams have wonderkids and i don't have (while the players may be worse).

Lol

who was he??

Regen.

Basically my attacking midfielder and winger training schedules are right next to each other - it's difficult to monitor real development in two-footers as well, so I never saw the progression much. I intended to train him as an attacking midfielder (he's an M C/AM RLC, natural M C) for most of his career and in his latter years as a winger to bring up his dribbling and crossing up a notch or two. Unfortunately I ended up training him as a winger until it was too late - he'd basically turned into Ryan Babel but much better - but still ineffective. He lacked any defensive skills and lacked the quality and devastating finishing/long shots as an attacking midfielder, key in my formation. I had to make a whole new formation to fit him and it just wasn't worth it.

:(

Archived