Rest

Can someone please explain exactly how days of "rest" work?

I tend to give one-day rest before most matches, but I am unsure about how my players really benefit from that. If there are many matches in a week or month, I may give more days, even a week of rest.

How does it help players' "condition" (%) before and across matches? Any other tips and insights?

In the meantime, I'll be resting.... Thanks.

Personally I try to the following. However it will depend on how you start. In the game league... Let's assume you start the game season from the begining.

() Pre-Season training & friendlies matches.

Play as many of your players as you are able. I try to rotate the squad, but I attempt to continue with the '1st Eleven'. As of this trying to have the same players in the team, meant that I played them, much earlier and more often leaving them on the pitch regardless of how the condition % was/is represented in the game.

() The specific player training.

Pre-season is over so it's down to how you train etc, etc.

() Rest

This shall become more clearer. To you as you know the squad more, and if your lucky, you've managed and built up fitness. So they'll be able to play in nigh on every game in the season. After a long run of congested games, give them a rest for the '1 day' option, only if they've played a lot.

Hope it helps.

Rest is exactly what is says on the tin, it's a rest. But they need to build up match fitness. Sub bench could equally be a rest.

Can someone please explain exactly how days of "rest" work?

I tend to give one-day rest before most matches, but I am unsure about how my players really benefit from that. If there are many matches in a week or month, I may give more days, even a week of rest..

Ah sorry what I meant to get across that is a lot of rest, too much however some else might have another view. I personally think they loosing a benifit of playing football if there is a game to play in 1st team/reserves/youth. They are loosing the benifit of training/tactics.

So I would play them more, so they'll be more hardend for the ongoing season. Resting them for weeks at a time is a no from me. Only rest them when you absolutily have to. Rest means that they won't train or participate in any way. So they'll become unfit, will no longer gel with the team.

However you don't want them to be jaded, so if they are totally knackered then a few days a 1 week rest maximum from me.

Actually the 'rest' function is quite misleading. The training AI calculates training changes one day per week, so if you rest a player on one or more of the other 6 days it makes no difference. If you happen to rest h im on that one day the AI thinks he hasn't trained all week. SI could do with improving this function.

Archived