please fix for FM10..too many good players becoming free.

every year in the game a lot of players who are first teamers become free. it is very unrealistic.

every team in the french league lose their stars or first team players on a free, instead of selling or giving them a new contract. i know it happens in real life but not this much. most of the free transfers in real life are players who are back up to their team or not needed. unlike in FM where you can get a lot of players for free who their club could have easily sold them for millions. it makes the game a lot easier. so please fix this. thank you

Never happened to me, are you sure that this is not the Bojan bug where good young players on a 1 year contract were not given new ones and were then released, if so patch to 9.3 and you'll be fine. Though on 9.3 it is very hard to get top class free transfers, clubs usually sign players to new contract around November.

It has always been this way as getting nice players makes your game more enjoyable. I remember in one of the Champ Manager version (under SI) where the out-of-box version, it was very hard to get players (quite like IRL), and many people didn't like it. The next patch that came out fixed this 'problem'.

Never happened to me, are you sure that this is not the Bojan bug where good young players on a 1 year contract were not given new ones and were then released, if so patch to 9.3 and you'll be fine. Though on 9.3 it is very hard to get top class free transfers, clubs usually sign players to new contract around November.

no its not the bojan bug. as i said a lot of players who are worth millions leave. ive noticed specially the french league. if they dont want to sign new contract they should sell and make money, not lose him on free. this really puts a stop to most my games and the challenge always fades away because of this.

It has always been this way as getting nice players makes your game more enjoyable. I remember in one of the Champ Manager version (under SI) where the out-of-box version, it was very hard to get players (quite like IRL), and many people didn't like it. The next patch that came out fixed this 'problem'.

well it should be like that. if people want to play an unrealistic and easy game they can simply use fmrete or something.

This happens

It exists so that players who want out can't be forced to stay by their clubs.

If the problem is that they're not being offered new contracts, then that is a different matter to them rejecting them and leaving under the Bosman ruling like thousands of players every year

This happens

It exists so that players who want out can't be forced to stay by their clubs.

If the problem is that they're not being offered new contracts, then that is a different matter to them rejecting them and leaving under the Bosman ruling like thousands of players every year

but when they reject the contract the club should sell. tell me when your first team player has one year left on his contract and he wants to leave. he is valued at 3M and you could easily sell him for 5M. would you keep him and lose him on free or would you sell and make money?

Maybe a little off topic, but I find good managers being released at the end of their contracts and never getting a new job. I find this more un realistic as you have quality coaches unable to get work when poorly rated regens are being offered positions in the league

but when they reject the contract the club should sell. tell me when your first team player has one year left on his contract and he wants to leave. he is valued at 3M and you could easily sell him for 5M. would you keep him and lose him on free or would you sell and make money?

I am in that situation just now. My best CB is out of contract at the end of the season and he wont sign a new one because he wants a new challenge and I wont sell him, I am going to keep him untill the end of his contract in the hope that he will eventually sign a new one

well it should be like that. if people want to play an unrealistic and easy game they can simply use fmrete or something.

I think that championship manager versopn was not only to do with free transfers but also with normal transfers so it had to be fixed.

two words for you to consider:

michael owen.

Archived