hello folks !!!

Im a cm fan by nature, but as my username suggests its time for a change even after the release of the crap that is cm10.

My brother is a fan of fm and told me to try it, i did and couldnt get on with it and didnt like fm09 so im here waiting for fm10 and hoping that can give me the enjoyment and excitment of managing a football team that cm has ruined

A CM fan by nature?

What nature is that, a masochistic one? :D

Seriously. I thought the only people who were "CM Fans" were people who didn't realise that the makers of CM split off after CM03/04, and made "Football Manager 2005" by adding a few new features, a new user interface and polishing things up a bit, while an entirely new team built a new game, from the ground up (but the old CM's look), and called it "Championship Manager 5"?

Please don;t tell me any of BGS's games have actually created new, loyal fans?

I would have to say that I think it`s good for competition having more than 1 type of manager game out there can you imagine if there was no competition there would be nothing to raise the bar against and nothing to compare standards to and we probably wouldn`t have the game we do today because of that.

Having played around a bit with CM, it is not as bad as the demo, and is a quite playable game until FM10 is released, even though I only bought it cos it was cheap.

Its still not as good as FM08 though, and FM10 will no doubt be in a different league. No game is perfect, but FM is still the only decent Football Management game on the market, and yes, the difference probably does equal around £25 which will be the difference in price

Archived