Man City or Notts County?!

Probably a lot people are thinking and myself, who should i manage on fm2010 on the 30th october 2009?!

Man City: The richest club in the world, literally buy anyone in the world!, millions of millions pounds to spend, become the most dominant club in the world and buy awesome youngsters and become the new arsenal

OR

Notts County Aka Mini Man City: Sven goran erikkson as director of football (even though he's not going to influence you on fm), Bring them up to the premiership and win the CL, Build a club, A lot of money for a league 2 side and make notts county the best team in the world!

WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

the thing is notts county will be to easy. i just completed a long save with notts county taking them from league two to prem and its standard difficulty before the take over. but if you play in fm10 its going to be waay to simple to just buy players and gain consecutive promotions. both are as easy as each other i guess

i'm dying to see how the new players at Feyenoord will contribute to a new championship.

Feyenoord is currently no.1 in the dutch premier division and they have proven to really be a force to be reckoned with again. unlike the years before. things are going upwards again for them really.

very much speed in the attack with cissé and slory.

they got a superb right-back from barcelona: dani fernandez.

leroy fer is going through a superb development and is catching the eye of many top teams.

ron vlaar is back and what a superb body strenghth he has. stopping everything and taking bahia with him to the next level.

Darley, his first match goalkeeping against nec nijmegen was outstanding and we will see more of him. what a talent.

then at midfield feyenoord have de guzman, who is staying, wijnaldum, crazy talent, el ahmadi, king of the midcircle, and the recently contracted servian international babovic.

john dahl tomasson and makaay also keep scoring...

the trainer has to make some difficult decisions every match, and i really see feyenoord winning the eredivisie title this year.:thup:

Id never manage Citeh on the basis that it wont be fun (for me), I cant have a squad of 40 world class players, I like to see everyone in my squad with 20 games at least.

County should be fun, it would be similar to being Forest or Leeds in 08 which were fun games.

Neither

They are both soulless clubs who sold their histories and traditions to become successful

Sorry, but I'd rather never win anything again than that

I agree totally with that. I won't touch either of them, although I only tend to manage Leicester in England anyway.

Whats Notts Countys fan base like. Do they have a large fan base or potential for a large one.

County averaged around 4,500 during the 08/09 season but so far this year have attracted 7,500 (with 3,000 'lifelong' fans crawling out of the woodwork)

Personally I'd be neither - winning trophies as Man City would be no challenge at all, where as gaining promotion for the supposed richest club in the lower leagues would be a piece of pi$$.

When I get the game I'll be taking control of my local team , Ilkeston Town (1st appearance in the game as a playable team from the beginning), with the target of taking them as far as I can.

I don't understand how people can say it would not be an achievement to take Notts County to the prem and win the champions league. Does that mean it is not an achievement that I have taken Sunderland to 4 champions league trophies in a row, Notts County may have alot of money but huge amounts of money can be made with any prem team at all.

If I had to choose I would choose Notts County but I probably won't be any of them as I prefer to be Sunderland, Nantwich and Getafe at some point.

Does that mean it is not an achievement that I have taken Sunderland to 4 champions league trophies in a row

To be honest no, it's not much of an achievement as we all know this game is very easy, especially with a prem side.

Lets face it, if you stick at it you can take pretty much any team to glory. I think all people are saying is that it's less of an achievement taking a mega rich team to glory.

They are both challenges, with riches comes expectations, you'll be tasked with getting County up the leagues and there's a hell of a lot more to it than just throwing money around whilst at Man City you're going to have to break into the top 4 and eventually establish yourselves as serious title contenders. It won't be anywhere near as easy as most people in this thread are making out.

To be honest no, it's not much of an achievement as we all know this game is very easy, especially with a prem side.

Lets face it, if you stick at it you can take pretty much any team to glory. I think all people are saying is that it's less of an achievement taking a mega rich team to glory.

I see your point I guess I feel taking a midtable side to be the best team in the world is an achievement, I have done it with alot lower teams aswell and it felt the same as taking the team I support to the top. I guess achievement is all in the eyes of the person playing the game really.

After a quick run through with a random team it will be Unemployed for my first main save.

Anyone with me?

Same here. I support Forest so as in previous games I'll have a season as them, then a look at Ilkeston Town before beginning a long haul game from an unemployed start (with sunday league rep)

Southampton.

Our new owner's worth a cool £2.7 Billion, although I doubt we'll need all of it to assemble a decent side. ;)

Should be an enjoyable challenge for this year's game; overturn the -10 points deduction, and start climbing the leagues. :)

Ermm how is Notts County a bigger challenge than Man City? I think it would be harder to break into the top four and/or win the Prem with City than get Notts Country promoted. That will be easy, no?

Man Citeh will break the top 4 in game in the first season. Notts County will be in league 1 after a season, 2 levels from even getting in the premiership. I wouldnt say either is harder than the other, just the fact that a County save will have a bit more longevity in it.

FWIW, i'll be giving Chester a go, now thats a real challenge, for real men, grrrrr ;)

Archived