Advanced Tactics FM10

I was just reading the blog for fm10 and when i read about this:

"Wide play" gives you options to ask your wingers - or any player getting into a wide position - to "hug touchline", "cut inside" or "move into channels".

A thought popped in my head, do players who play in a regular way for instance say move into channels... will they become a preffered player move after a certain length of time??

I was just reading the blog for fm10 and when i read about this:

"Wide play" gives you options to ask your wingers - or any player getting into a wide position - to "hug touchline", "cut inside" or "move into channels".

A thought popped in my head, do players who play in a regular way for instance say move into channels... will they become a preffered player move after a certain length of time??

Probably better to ask this in the thread that the blog originally appeared. I think you'll get a more definite and proper answer because the si staff will be answering questions in that thread.

I'm sure it will be a PPM as well and players with that as a PPM will tend to do it (if you don't give them instructions not to). But there might be occassions when you want a player to move in to channels or cut inside depending on your opponents. For example if you come against a full back with dodgy positioning and a weak second foot you might choose for your winger to try and expose that despite it not being a PPM.

I love how the advanced tactics can help you adapt your standard tactics to target the opposition. I am getting more and more excited about the new developments with the tactics creator and I am excited to hear what other new features will be discussed this week.

Does anyone know if these options are a tick box thing or a clever manipulation of the current sliders.

Kind of both. You won't need to look at the sliders any more - ticking boxes (or choosing drop-down menu options) with automatically set up the sliders to accord with your 'shouts' or instructions.

Archived