View Full Version : Help!
I'm trying to install my game and everytime i write in the code and try and get it verified online it says 'we're sorry but the installation of fm 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason : the application was unable to connect to the internet' very stange as i quite clearly have a internet connection.
Have you tried checking the online activation solution threads linked to at the top of this forum?
errr yeah.. i have. Any helpful suggestions?
So you've tried this specific solution then?
You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’
1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com (https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com/)
2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”
3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.
4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.
5) Press, “Install Certificate…”
6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.
7) Press “Browse”
8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.
9) Press OK
10) Press Next
11) Press Finish
Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com (https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com/). Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.
From here –
1) Reopen your FM2009 game
2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog
3) Select the “Online” activation
4) Press Next
You game should activate immediately.
If you are install the certificate incorrectly, the error message will still be visible – for more help on installing correctly, please visit:
http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certifica tion%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate (http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certifica tion%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate)
Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.
I did this and it's still saying the same.
my bloody clock was set wrong.. how random!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.