Significant reduction in the speed with which the game progresses. Any suggestions?

I was recently playing a save, (game date in 2033), where the speed with which the game moves at, (both between matches and actually the highlights during a match), slowed significantly.

I usually watch a game, (on 3d key highlights), but now I am finding that it just takes a ridiculously long time to do this. To give you an idea, the last match that I played took 26 minutes to progress from the moment I pressed "go to match" until I got to the screen which shows all the league results on that day.

Unfortunately, not only this save seems to have been effected.

I have another save, (which is only in 2012), and that is also now running at a much reduced speed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the cause for this and more importantly how I might resolve it.

26 minutes is just too long to progress 1 match day so it apears that I will no longer be able to play FM09 and I am guessing that FM10 will be out of the question too.

Gutted.:(

(I don't have a super pc, but I have a lap-top that is only 2-3 years old.)

1. Can you tell us your computer spec? (Ram, Processor (type & speed), hard drive space left)

2. Run a Spyware and virus scan to see if anything shows up and check your hard drive for errors

3. Try and disable ANYTHING running in the background that you really don't need. You can go into the task manager and go to processes and disable most of these and the game will work fine.

4. If you havent already got it try downloading and installing something called game booster which might help.

5. Finally since your in the year 2033 it might just be that your save game is too big for your spec of computer.

I was going to say it's the length of your game but since the other save is affected too and if you have noticed both at the same time I'm going to guess its the computer.

As said above try some scans. There are some free tools out there that are very good!.

Spybot Search and Destroy is a good one, but I also reccommend using a premium virus scanner too.

Programs running in the background will affect computer speed too, try looking at the task manager when you notice the speed changes.

What it is and what it does?

It's from IOBit software, and it allows you to close down al lot of nonessential background software that is running on your computer without you having to go to the trouble of actually finding it and closing it down yourself. It also only closes it down for as long as you run the programme. I would aslo suggest downloading a non windows version of the defragmentation tool to defrag your hard drive, the one you get with Windows is slow and bad. Finally I would suggest downloading CCleaner, for getting rid of obsolete registry keys, disabling or deleting startup programme scripts (you don't need Adobe running in your background all the time) it's a bit easier than going through the task manager. It also is a very thorough way of deleting any files you are getting rid of but dont want anyone to find later on also.

It's from IOBit software, and it allows you to close down al lot of nonessential background software that is running on your computer without you having to go to the trouble of actually finding it and closing it down yourself. It also only closes it down for as long as you run the programme. I would aslo suggest downloading a non windows version of the defragmentation tool to defrag your hard drive, the one you get with Windows is slow and bad. Finally I would suggest downloading CCleaner, for getting rid of obsolete registry keys, disabling or deleting startup programme scripts (you don't need Adobe running in your background all the time) it's a bit easier than going through the task manager. It also is a very thorough way of deleting any files you are getting rid of but dont want anyone to find later on also.

I use CCleaner and Smart Defrag since winXP. Those are great software. But thanks for the 'Game Booster' information. Seems very useful. :thup:

Archived