[FM09] Crystal Palace, February the 14th 2005, History was made....

DE-Z

ArsebakFC.png

First of all this is my first try at a career/story. I believe it's half of each so could end up going in either forum. I apologise if i've placed it in the wrong one. I'll be playing and updateing every three months and reminding myself with an ingame reminder. Obviously if it's not popular I shall cease the story/career. Positive and negative feedback is welcome and I apologise if basically it's S**T.

Many Thanks here we go,

A frosty afternoon was Monday the 14th of February. The year is 2005 and the location is Highbury. Arsenal, the first team in history to field a completely non English 11 in an English Premiership fixture. Much to the dismay of Robert Blaine, head of Aztec, a structural engineering agency in the oil rich land of Dubai. Robert Blaine was a man who paid fine attention to detail. Designing the palm islands of Dubai was no easy task but Robert rose to the challenge. Born in Tottenham, North London, it was a shock to his family when Robert decided to go against his father’s wishes and travel to Highbury to enjoy Arsenals fluent attacking football.

Robert was a patriotic man. His dream was to see Arsenal run by himself. The only thing that made him different from other owners was the fact that Robert wanted one thing. For Arsenal to field a full squad of English Internationals. A tough task? An impossible task? Robert believed Arsenal had to start functioning off their own incomings. Arsenal was in massive debt at the time of take over... July the 7th 2009. This was largely due to the new stadium and Robert believe Arsenal would need to cease all spending, and begin saving, to save them from financial ruin. The big question on every ones lips though... will this ambitious task be the death of a once majestic football club? Knowing the magnitude of the task Robert began his extortionate planning.

The media believed Robert was hit by a major blow when Arsene Wenger announced he would be resigning from his post as first team manager. Good news? YES. Robert wanted full English. Not only playing staff, but reserves, academy, scouts, boardroom, canteen ladies, caretaker, financial advisor. He had a dream of a fully functional English club providing England as a nation with fine footballing talent. He also believes that if the new 6+5 rule was to come in from FIFA, Arsenal would be led in good stead.

This wasn’t Roberts only plan. He was to cease transfer activity while he was at the helm from the transfer window ending January 2011. Madness fans screamed. Logic Robert replied. The reason? Because he wanted Arsenal to field complete home grown talent. The new manager would only be allowed to purchase English players until January 2011. This would remain for the many years Robert would be owner. Which manager would want this job? Knowing he would have zero transfer budget every year and transfer window he’s in charge? Rhetorical questions, no answers... Robert’s dream was for Arsenal to be out of debt by 2015, by nurturing home grown talent, selling stars, and basically being English. Can Robert achieve his dream? Can Arsenal dominate England with completely English talent and the question every pundit was asking... can Arsenal avoid relegation? Robert had a dream of England one day winning the World Cup with a squad fully made from Arsenal players. With only 4 transfer windows, an embargo of signing only English players and staff, World class training facilities and academy, a nutter for an owner and the ability to become the world’s greatest manager, achieving a feat no other manager has... Who will rise to the seemingly impossible challenge....

Archived