Unplanned feeder club (fm 2009)

Apologies if this is just me being dense, and it's a well known feature of the game, but I had a look with the search but didn't see any threads about it before.

I'm currently playing as Cork City in the Irish Premier League, I won the league last season and my club's stature has risen accordingly. But since day 1, my board said we had too large a stature to be a feeder club to someone else, and obviously this has remained the case. But all of a sudden I'm told 'Celtic announce link with Cork City', and I have become a feeder club to them, I'm not complaining, just found it odd since I hadn't (and never have) requested it and the board had always said it would not contemplate such a thing. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've seen this a few times on 07 and 08. I was Crewe and once i'd was promoted into the EPL I was given Roma as a parent club. Unfortunately I didn't have the Italian league loaded so I didn't have a full choice of regens to try and loan in.

Fair enough, it's just my board certainly changed their tune having been very anti- being a feeder club beforehand. Unfortunately I don't have the Scottish League playable, and not a single player in their team wants to join me :mad:

You've learned your lesson then :D

Most major English or Scottish teams usually affiliate with Cork or Shamrock at some point in the game, so load the Scottish and English leagues if you start a new game as an Irish team :)

Archived