PA or %

Downloaded GenieScout because of becoming manager of national team. So, I noticed one keeper whose PA is 196. But GenieScout shows his potential rating is only about 72% that is not high at all. Who to believe more? Not only in this case, but regarding other players too..!

regenu.jpg

In this case it could be because player won't reach his PA maybe? Can I believe this statement too?

This is because he may have a high PA but his attributes are not very useful for his position, or he is not likely to improve to his full PA according to geniescout (not sure if its really right), there are players with PA like 167 but are better than players with 190 PA because of the attributes, so i suggest you give more attention to his attributes instead of PA.

The potential rating calculates his rating based on his attributes for his position.

It's a judgement call you have to make. As ACMilanBRA suggests, CA is a measure of how many points can go into a player's attribute spread, but a high CA/PA does not guarantee a good attribute spread for a player's natural position. Genie Scout attempts to provide a better indicator by basing its percentage scores on attribute spreads for positions devised by its creator, but in my experience these should be taken with a pinch of salt.

His Potential Rating will change as he develops, he can still hit that PA with decent training, but he could have PA of 198, and have less than great attributes and still only have an actual potential of about 78%.

Also remember that that % rating is achieved through reference to a preset range in your scouting tool. I assume it prioritises certain attributes for a goalkeeper and the more of those he has at higher levels the higher his rating.

Archived