AI transfer cheating

It's killing my love for the game. Just started a game as Leverkusen and the day the transfer window opened the floodgates were opened "Bayern want Rolfes", instantly the player (my captain) wants to jump ship and has already bought the Bayern strip. So how did this happen? They never inquired so I received no direct contact from the German giants, did they just say to the papers they were interested in my player? Highly unlikely unless your Real Madrid or Man City clubs tend not to want the press involved in transfer dealings, so it must be just speculation. A week goes by and Bayern have still made no approach yet Rolfes can't wait to leave, this is where more player interaction is required as I should be able to say the rumor isn't true. More time goes by and he now expects to leave the club in the near future, so I finally accept that he is an unreliable rat and offer him out to clubs for a reasonable 8 million. The next day I receive an offer of of 1.2 million upfront and another 4 after 2 years!, this offer is clearly ridiculous especially given he is my captain so I reject the offer. But then "Rolfes disappointed at not being allowed to move cubs" he doesn't understand that the welfare of the club is more important than him and if it was his choice would leave for 1 pound. You may be thinking perhaps Bayern don't have the current funds to meet my required bid, however just last week they sold Ribery for 28 million. More time goes by and they keep offering a very similar amount which just doesn't cut it and now Rolfes is suicidal so consequently I'am forced to sell my best player for a pathetic fee. This is just one example but unless I'am a world leading team at the start this is how all my transfers progress. I seriously hope this is sorted for fm10 as it is reducing my passion for the game.

Bayern don't need to make a bid to be interested, I think you'll find the rumours revolve around the AI manager shortlists. Naturally Rolfes wants to go - it's Bayern!

Setting his transfer value to £20m should prevent interest up to a point, anyone still floating miht well pay that much.

I confess I've never HAD to sell anyone for less than I want - suicidal or not.

They also know the acceptable fee for all players and most of the time offer exactly that.

There is a ridiculous double standard in which the ai wants your £5m player for £5m and will just keep offering that even if you ask for more and dont want to sell. If they had him, theyd want £30m for him.

If you dont want to sell, the ai should either give up or offer the amount you want.

It's killing my love for the game. Just started a game as Leverkusen and the day the transfer window opened the floodgates were opened "Bayern want Rolfes", instantly the player (my captain) wants to jump ship and has already bought the Bayern strip. So how did this happen? They never inquired so I received no direct contact from the German giants, did they just say to the papers they were interested in my player? Highly unlikely unless your Real Madrid or Man City clubs tend not to want the press involved in transfer dealings, so it must be just speculation. A week goes by and Bayern have still made no approach yet Rolfes can't wait to leave, this is where more player interaction is required as I should be able to say the rumor isn't true. More time goes by and he now expects to leave the club in the near future, so I finally accept that he is an unreliable rat and offer him out to clubs for a reasonable 8 million. The next day I receive an offer of of 1.2 million upfront and another 4 after 2 years!, this offer is clearly ridiculous especially given he is my captain so I reject the offer. But then "Rolfes disappointed at not being allowed to move cubs" he doesn't understand that the welfare of the club is more important than him and if it was his choice would leave for 1 pound. You may be thinking perhaps Bayern don't have the current funds to meet my required bid, however just last week they sold Ribery for 28 million. More time goes by and they keep offering a very similar amount which just doesn't cut it and now Rolfes is suicidal so consequently I'am forced to sell my best player for a pathetic fee. This is just one example but unless I'am a world leading team at the start this is how all my transfers progress. I seriously hope this is sorted for fm10 as it is reducing my passion for the game.

Just keep the unhappy bugger. Do a Moyes and sell when you receive the price you feel you deserve. He has a contract, so sod him

This. Its normal to happen in football, I mean if you played in Mallorca and your board doesnt let you leave for Barcelona, how would you feel?

It all depends on the offer, if its a low offer, the player cant expect it to be accepted. ie Barca offered £10m for Rooney and theres no way Man U would accept and no way Rooney would get annoyed about not going, in the game hed get upset over that derisory offer.

I do think that fairly loyal players, even if they want to leave, will be unwilling to leave if the valuation does not benefit the club in any way.

I cannot even imagine Adebayor whining about a move when someone bids £1 for him - for one thing, Adebayor may be offended that they don't value him much.

Also, want-away players should be more accommodating to putting the dummy back in when nobody wants them. The ignomity of not having a club does not look good on anyone's CV as it means they could have engineered a move away deliberately - what's stopping him from doing it again? Kind of like Drogba - nobody wanted him, so he stayed.

Archived