My quality coach keeps 'morphing' into a terrible one!

As you can see, this coach I have signed is pretty darn good, giving me 6 star coaching in quite a few categories.

The major problem is that his attributes keep completely changing!

Here is a picture of his stats on 7th Feb 2022:

DannyT.jpg

But look what has happened to him come Feb 28th:

DannyT1.jpg

This is the second time this has happended to this coach since I signed him. After 'morphing' into the bad coach for a few months he eventually turned back into the good coach but I didnt have an old save to go back to to show the evidence.

And before anyone asks! I haven't edited my game in ANY way, never have, never would so its not that. I'm also fully patched up so its not that either!

This is all very frustrating as one minute my strikers are spoilt with 6 start shooting training, then out of nowhere they are on 2 star untill I notice hes 'morphed' again and can change him with another coach!

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

I would suggest that threre is no way that a 33 year old unproven coach can have 20 attributes in Defending, Goalkeeping, Tactics and Technical so it is likely that these have been randomly and wrongly generated. Would be good to know what his CA is.

I would suggest that threre is no way that a 33 year old unproven coach can have 20 attributes in Defending, Goalkeeping, Tactics and Technical so it is likely that these have been randomly and wrongly generated. Would be good to know what his CA is.

Oh I see thank-you for your reply.

When I saw him available for free and only wanting a couple hundred quid a week i did think it a bit strange!

I don't have anyway of telling his CA im afraid, i believe you need a download for that?

ive never seen anything like that before. Have to agree with FrazT though, its a wee bit odd to have an unemp/unproven coach with all those attributes as high as in your first screenie. the 2nd looks a lot more realistic/true to reputation n experience...

I know the OP said he hasn't edited the game in any way, but seriously, the only way I know that this could happen is if the coach's CA was initially much higher than his PA, and the game adjusted the CA to match. And the only way I know for that to happen is via an editor.

I guess, if the coach is an ex-player and the first screenie is taken immeadiately after retirement, there might be a bug of some kind that had his player's CA vs. his coaching PA...

I've seen it with a couple of coaches too but nothing that drastic. I assure you I have never messed with the editor expect one time where I made 4 super scouts to determine if determination and adaptability had any effect on the amount and/or quality of players they come to me with. They didn't if you're wondering.

I think the game messes up and generates a coach with high CA but Low PA. Maybe one of those Neo anomaly in the code type things.

I know the OP said he hasn't edited the game in any way, but seriously, the only way I know that this could happen is if the coach's CA was initially much higher than his PA, and the game adjusted the CA to match. And the only way I know for that to happen is via an editor.

I guess, if the coach is an ex-player and the first screenie is taken immeadiately after retirement, there might be a bug of some kind that had his player's CA vs. his coaching PA...

Why when I have clearly already stated TWICE that I havent edited my game do you still think I have? Look mate what would I have to gain by saying I havent edited my game when I had?

'Oooh I know, I'll go onto the forums, pretend i havent edited my game so I can trick people into think something strange has happenend with my game... yeh i'll be so cool, and no-one will be any the wiser mwahahahaha!!'

For gods sake.. FrazT the mod has come up with the most likely explanation by saying the coach may have been randomly and wrongly generated, so next time read the thread and dont jump to conclusions.

was he a player first, then retired and became a coach? i suppose his attributes could be messed up as theres a big diff between where his ca as player was and where his ability as a coach should be...

FMRTE does this to coaches. I create some super coaches using that and the ended up looking like hazzabee's after a few days.

However as stated Hazzabee says he has not used the editor and i have seen this sort of thing happen with players in an unedited game. I bought a 20 yo austrailain newgen on a free. He had no history so just created that summer. His stats made him look like Marco Van Basten reincarnated 20's all over the place. By the time the transfer went thorugh he looked like a drunk sunday league striker. He never got any better. No idea how this happens.

Archived