League Creator - List of National Leagues

Indi75

What with the new League Creator coming, this'd be a great time to start listing all the official leagues in existence in our respective countries and perhaps make a decent resource for any league modding people want to do.

For example... England can be clearly addressed with http://www.thepyramid.info/asp/pyramid3.asp which details all 21 levels of English football. I'll not copy and paste out of respect to Tom Willis who has clearly put a lot of work into a fantastic source of info and resource. Although I'm

Toms work seems to be up to date with the latest sponsors too, so perhaps other can chip in with any info on their own nations league structure along with 2009/2010 sponsors etc.

If you take the Bristol Downs League for example that someone wanted to edit in the other day (for reasons beyond measure), the League Index gives you a look into each league and the more information link takes you to a breakdown of the route to leagues above etc

If anyone wants to add info I'll try to keep post 1 updated, subject to editing permissions and post size.

If anyone's got similar input from their own nation, perhaps we can keep it all here?

(Note to SI: How will licensing affect us modding-in Leagues with the editor?)

If you do plan to do any editing of Non Leagues etc, I'd highly reccommend the Non League Club Directory 2010. It's the 'Rothmans' of the Non League game - the 2010 edition is out next Tuesday (Perfect bedtime reading after I come back from watching Hailsham Town away at Ringmer!).

What with the new League Creator coming, this'd be a great time to start listing all the official leagues in existence in our respective countries and perhaps make a decent resource for any league modding people want to do.

For example... England can be clearly addressed with http://www.thepyramid.info/asp/pyramid3.asp which details all 21 levels of English football. I'll not copy and paste out of respect to Tom Willis who has clearly put a lot of work into a fantastic source of info and resource. Although I'm

Toms work seems to be up to date with the latest sponsors too, so perhaps other can chip in with any info on their own nations league structure along with 2009/2010 sponsors etc.

If you take the Bristol Downs League for example that someone wanted to edit in the other day (for reasons beyond measure), the League Index gives you a look into each league and the more information link takes you to a breakdown of the route to leagues above etc

If anyone wants to add info I'll try to keep post 1 updated, subject to editing permissions and post size.

If anyone's got similar input from their own nation, perhaps we can keep it all here?

(Note to SI: How will licensing affect us modding-in Leagues with the editor?)

There are 24 levels in the pyramid as the Bristol Downs League has 4 divisions. Level 21 is the lowest division with a top division.

It's a good site that is, how I found out about the BDL, but the only downside to it is that it was last updated in 2007.

I can get links for the teams for that league and above, like the Bristol Downs League and Bristol District League.

If you do plan to do any editing of Non Leagues etc, I'd highly reccommend the Non League Club Directory 2010. It's the 'Rothmans' of the Non League game - the 2010 edition is out next Tuesday (Perfect bedtime reading after I come back from watching Hailsham Town away at Ringmer!).

Hailsham? Booo its all about Crowborough :D

Sounds like a good challenge bringing a club from one end to the other, 21 - 24 seasons at least. Problem is what kind of reputation you can assign to every lower league as you go down.

Yeah it does, it's what I was hoping to do. Will take an awfully long time to do though :p

Hmm, yeah, now you say that, good question.

As there is up to the Western League Premier Division on the game editor but not playable (level 9) I could alter the reputations from the Championship to the Bristol Downs League to make sure it goes down to a low number (less than 5).

But, what I would do is say, as the Bristol and District League has 7 divisions (levels 14-20) I'd make each league have it's own reputation rather than each division has it's own reputation the further you go down. If that makes sense.

Problem with going down to the Bristol Downs league at level 24 is there are nearly 500 leagues in England.

http://www.thepyramid.info/stats/stats.htm

And of course below level 10 or so, there is no room on the reputation and CA scale. It's not as important the lower you go, but it probably won't be worth going past level 10.

I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with for the English leagues. Some level 10 clubs are already in the DB, but below that most will need adding, as will their stadiums, staff and players depending how much detail you want to go into.

There must be players at that level that would love to manage the team they play for in FM :D

Problem with going down to the Bristol Downs league at level 24 is there are nearly 500 leagues in England.

http://www.thepyramid.info/stats/stats.htm

And of course below level 10 or so, there is no room on the reputation and CA scale. It's not as important the lower you go, but it probably won't be worth going past level 10.

I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with for the English leagues. Some level 10 clubs are already in the DB, but below that most will need adding, as will their stadiums, staff and players depending how much detail you want to go into.

There must be players at that level that would love to manage the team they play for in FM :D

As I said in another thread about the league structure, if I do decide to do this, I would only make the leagues that are required from the Bristol Downs League to the Premier League, not any other leagues.

I know of sites that I can get the teams from to add into the database. So that shouldn't be a problem. To save time I may just leave the teams with greyed-out players and keep Stoke Bishop's squad (as they have a website which gets updated a fair bit, but hasn't done since the start of the season but will do).

I think I'm most keen on simply building leagues to accomodate the non league teams already in FM.

FC United, AFC Liverpool that kind of thing.

I've put FCUM in the Conference North before (as I'm a fan, you might have guessed from my name on here) and when that happened I had a full squad. But when they were back in the Northern Premier League (thus making them unplayable) they didn't.

AFC Liverpool would be a good challenge, as they are 3 leagues below FCUM, and shouldn't take long to make the Vodkat Leagues.

Archived