International management

I have recently started a game unemployed and quickly took up the role as Senegal manager, as i was set to a previous international footballer i also turned down Portsmouth job.

I have found international management much more laid back as you can just go on holiday until your next match let your computer process all the background fixtures then re appear with your tactics and have been fairly successful given that i was managing Senegal...

Anyway i decided to start this thread as i was unable to find any information about international management...

For instance i was given 3 randomly generated background members of staffs obviously this may be because Senegal don't have any consistent members of staff for the national team (at least not in the game anyway) or is it due to other reasons?

Besides this they were pretty rubbish assistants and i tried to hire other members of staff but, not to my surprise, no-one, and i mean absolutely no one (unemployed, unproven etc etc).... no-one would take the jobs. Is this the same for all international managing jobs?- That the staff you are given are the only ones that will take on the role?

During the world cup i ended up with 6 players seriously injured for one month up to 6, is this because i had no Physio? and no coaches? If so then why didn't FM generate me a Physio, even a rubbish one, just so i had one?

Any answers or possible explanations are gratefully received... and any issues anyone else has had in regards to International Management are more the welcome to be added to the thread.

I am sorry that I can't help to answer some of your questions, as I manage a club (Chelsea) 99% of the time.

BUT, I have had the exact same questions as you when I have taken the odd international management job. So if someone could answer the OP's questions, it would interest and benefit me as well.

You have no need for a physio as players are treated by their club. It's just a poor run and should not be the norm (unless they were injured in your matches, in which case you may need to revise tactics).

In fact, depending on how you want to play, you don't need any other coaches as an international manager. I would have an AssMan for his input and a coach for each of the youth teams. Otherwise, there's nothing for them to do. No injury treatment, no training, no nothing. It's just a matter of squad selection and game tactics.

I have managed Senegal briefly before and had trouble getting good coaches as well. Reputation does seem to be the primary factor. I was able to find a coach or two who were mild improvements, by restricting my search to only Senegalese nationality. It had little effect, though, so well done to you if you can find a good coach who'll join you. Then again, since they have such a small role, it may not matter whether you do or not.

For instance i was given 3 randomly generated background members of staffs obviously this may be because Senegal don't have any consistent members of staff for the national team (at least not in the game anyway) or is it due to other reasons?

just wait until your in the year 2025 and you have olny 1 goalkeeper to call up. thats when the problems really start

You have no need for a physio as players are treated by their club. .

not during the world cup their not

I took over as manager of England while being manager of Man Utd at the same time. I needed to hire a new assistant manager but everyone I tried rejected me so I ended up hiring my Man Utd assistant. I don't know whether there is something wrong with the hiring of staff but surely it should be easier to get an assistant for a nation such as England.

Archived