Problem which involves FM, Steam and, my weekend!

So basically, you need the internet to run FM through steam, my friend doesn't have the net in his new crib... and i'm staying there for the weekend... i'm sure you can see where this is going!

How can I run FM with steam with no internet? can I run it from my CD? any suggestions are appreciated, I've just taken FC United to the championship and they have given me 7 million transfer budget, i can't wait that long to spend it!

So basically, you need the internet to run FM through steam, my friend doesn't have the net in his new crib... and i'm staying there for the weekend... i'm sure you can see where this is going!

How can I run FM with steam with no internet? can I run it from my CD? or do I need to do download a crack any suggestions are appreciated, I've just taken FC United to the championship and they have given me 7 million transfer budget, i can't wait that long to spend it!

You don't need the internet to run it at all once it is activated. Locate the FM executable (FM.exe) in the game folder, which is likely to be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009

Double click it to fun FM. Even better, create a shortcut to it on your desktop (or start menu or wherever) and away you go.

EDIT: your path will only be that if you downloaded and installed through Steam. If only activated via Steam, but installed from disc, then it will be somewhere else, but likely in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ (guess)

You can run it with a CD without using the internet.

P.S. You might want to delete the comment about the crack, as it will probably get you banned. Discussion about such things is considered very bad on these forums.

Yeah thanks, I have done now, I assumed if you play through steam there is no way you could have a fake copy as its authenticated through the net? but never mind it's deleted...

You don't need the internet to run it at all once it is activated. Locate the FM executable (FM.exe) in the game folder, which is likely to be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009

Double click it to fun FM. Even better, create a shortcut to it on your desktop (or start menu or wherever) and away you go.

EDIT: your path will only be that if you downloaded and installed through Steam. If only activated via Steam, but installed from disc, then it will be somewhere else, but likely in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ (guess)

I located the file and made a shotcut to my desktop, thanks mate, although I won't know for sure this works till i'm at my mates house, as i'm still connected to the net here. :p

"in rob we trust"

I located the file and made a shotcut to my desktop, thanks mate, although I won't know for sure this works till i'm at my mates house, as i'm still connected to the net here. :p

"in rob we trust"

It'll work ;) Unplug your internet and try loading FM if you really want to test it :)

When steam finds out there is no internet connection available, it offers to start in "offline mode", with access to most games (including FM), so there is really no need to make a shortcut and all that :)

I've tried loading FM with steam in the past when my net connection went down late at night, and it never loaded up, as well as reading somewhere that steam does need to be connected, so simply I just called it a night, but a weekend without FM, well that's just crazy talk...

Had to be 100% thanks guys :)

When steam finds out there is no internet connection available, it offers to start in "offline mode", with access to most games (including FM), so there is really no need to make a shortcut and all that :)

This guy knows what he´s talking about. Just start steam in offline mode and off to play you go! ;)

This guy knows what he´s talking about. Just start steam in offline mode and off to play you go! ;)

I'm a Steam fan and use it all the time but why have yet another application open and consuming your machine's resources when there is no need to?

Just create the shortcut and be done with it.

How can I run FM with steam with no internet? can I run it from my CD?

First make sure your friends computer can play dvds because the game is on a dvd not cd.;) Why do you even need steam if you have a disc? I have the disc version of the game and I don't even have steam installed on my computer.

If you use your disc on your friends computer you'll have to authenicate again unless your friend has a mac so try a different authentication method then you wont even need steam installed at all.

Archived