DDOS attacks & on line registration

I have read this morning thet the new CM release was subject to a DDOS attack as was FM09 of course. As both of these seem to have affected the "Product" in terms of customer accessibility, may I suggest that FM10 does not have any form of DRM that could be subject to any posible DDOS attack, unless the actual effects of this are 100% preventable. I would suggest that if this news about CM is true (and I assume it is) then FM10 WILL be subject to the same if posible. THESE GUYS ARE TARGETING YOU!, DO NOT LOAD THEIR WEAPONS FOR THEM.

Yes, get anti piracy sorted so your intellectual property is protected (we will all join you in mocking the toothless pirates then) but until this can be done PROPERLY I hope common sense prevails.

If the DRM in question requires you to connect to a server to register, then bringing down the server stops you registering, which in turn prevents you from playing.

I dont understand this stuff but clearly it gives troublemakers a way in. I assume that BGS, because of the FM09 debacle were fully geared up for this - yet still got beaten. If pirates are as keen to cause trouble as they are to indulge in piracy we must act accordingly. Hit them properly when they are toothless - not before.

Archived