Reserves frustration

How do I control my reserves? I don't want to control every game, but I've set out a specific formation that they should be playing, but when I attend the odd game, they never play the formation that I've dictated. It's really annoying me, and I see a lot of lads from my under 18's playing when better players from the reserves are available.

It's starting to do my head in now, I play a 352 and don't buy/train full-backs, so when I see them putting out a 442 formation with no proper full-backs it really wicks me.

Cheers

I thought if you set your formation for the reserve side and then tick the "Use current match tactics" (or whatever it's called), that they'll use your formation?

That's correct. Go to the manager drop-down menu and go to your team's settings. In the reserves section there's a tick-box for the instruction Heels mentions. The reserves will play to your formation and slider settings etc. What the assman will sometimes do is alter the starting line-up or substitutes even when you set them the day before the game.

Archived