What Pre Order Bonus Will You Choose?

Which Pre Order Bonus Will You be Choosing?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pre Order Bonus Will You be Choosing?

• GAME's Journal?
    • Play.com's Personalized Sleeve?
    • HMV's Mug?
    • Steam's free Outrun game?

This year SI have brought in a scheme where should you pre order Football Manager 2010, you get a different 'prize' with it, depending on which store you pre order it from. As detailed in the e-mail I just received, the bonuses are as follows...

FM Journal - Game.co.uk - basically a notebook with space for writing down squads, attendances and goalscorers etc etc

Personalized sleeve - Play.com - edit your FM10 cover to your liking by changing the colours of the kits, manager's tie and even choose the manager...

Mug - HMV.com - quite simply, a travel mug with the FM10 logo on...

Free Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast game - Steam - free classic arcade game ready to play immediately when pre ordered FM10 for download...

These are some great offers by SI, and although I have already ordered from play.com, I'm thinking of cancelling that and going for that journal :rolleyes:

Which one will you be choosing and why?

I wont be pre-ordering it. I'll be buying on release day without doubt, but not pre-ordering it.

I don't want to download from steam (I like to have the box etc) and I dont want to risk it not turning up in the post on release day. I'd be a nightmare to live with if I didnt have it on release day. I've always pre-ordered in a Game store before and then turned up to find there is no massive queue and plenty of copies available. So this year I will head to the Trafford Centre for whenever it opens and if they don't have any then off to one of the local supermarkets or into Manchester city centre.

i dont know wether to have the journal or have the personalised box can we not have both somehow?

Sure, just get two copies of the game. :p

I preordered through GamersGate and they also have the free copy of OutRun 2006, which is a good timewaster. They also gave me 250 blue coins, the equivalent of 25 cents. :D

I won one of these jounals for FM09 in the podcast, and they were very well made. Whether either the journal or the mug are worth a £5 extra over other retailers... I'm not sure. The question needs asking, will you ever use it? I havent used mine as I felt it was too good to waste (ironically wasting it by doing nothing with it).

Does anyone know if these offers are valid in store?

This year SI have brought in a scheme where should you pre order Football Manager 2010, you get a different 'prize' with it, depending on which store you pre order it from. As detailed in the e-mail I just received, the bonuses are as follows...

FM Journal - Game.co.uk - basically a notebook with space for writing down squads, attendances and goalscorers etc etc

Personalized sleeve - Play.com - edit your FM10 cover to your liking by changing the colours of the kits, manager's tie and even choose the manager...

Mug - HMV.com - quite simply, a travel mug with the FM10 logo on...

Free Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast game - Steam - free classic arcade game ready to play immediately when pre ordered FM10 for download...

These are some great offers by SI, and although I have already ordered from play.com, I'm thinking of cancelling that and going for that journal :rolleyes:

Which one will you be choosing and why?

OOOH I want that Journal sooo much! LOL. .......But I'll wait & buy FM from a "shop" (so will have to go without the Journal), I am so keen to have the game at 9AM on the release day that I dare not risk the Post Office & their "everybody out" mentality. I imagine that with probably 80% + of Posties being male (many of those being footy fans), FM release day would be a rather jolly day to flex ones Political muscle.

Just a general question - when people have ordered from play etc before the day of release, has the game generally been delivered in time?

I can only speak for books, DVD's and CD's, but yes, Play always seem to get these pre-orders out so that you recive it on (or before) the official release day.

As for the pre-order freebie, I like the idea of the journal...also like the idea of the official FM2010 mug to slurp your half time brew from! :)

I like collecting different types of Mug's so i think that would be my choice.

Just a general question - when people have ordered from play etc before the day of release, has the game generally been delivered in time?

All my pre-ordered games have always arrived on time with no delay.. :thup:

All my pre-ordered games have always arrived on time with no delay.. :thup:

How come it can arrive in one day? If I pre-order it just the day before official release, it is not possible to recieve it within 1 day unless you're in the same region or country.

no teleportation tool for things have been discovered yet. :D

How come it can arrive in one day? If I pre-order it just the day before official release, it is not possible to recieve it within 1 day unless you're in the same region or country.

no teleportation tool for things have been discovered yet. :D

I think they're packed up and sent out the day before release. Like you, I live far from those shores :(

Last year I got my mum to redirect the game and that brilliant little HMV mouse (which died after a couple of months) from the UK. The mug will be too bulky but the notebook should make the trip across half the globe.

And really we need it patched up before getting carried away. I don't see the point in getting the game until it is ready to play. I wonder what would happen if the majority of people did not buy the game until patch 10.02 was released. They would make SI sit up and take notice ;)

With FML now, they have so much date that bugs should be less common!

A few years ago, (FM07?) I pre-ordered from amazon.co.uk and the game turned up the day before the release date! Much to my brother's dismay as he'd ordered his from play and had to wait another day for it!

Archived