Arab Consortiums take over League 2!! - HELP

......Is what i want the headline to read.

After losing interest in numerous normal games i wanted to create something a bit new for myself, I wanted all the clubs in league two to behave like Man City!

I changed their rep (max), cash (£200m) and budgets (£170m and £8m wages) then made their charimen sugar daddy's and resources 20.

However having started the game it hasn't worked, all clubs are rich but the biggest transfer was 50k, no-one was improving their teams?? I made some good signings but could only offer 6500 a week and because no-one else bought the game was too boring.

What i really want to know is how can i edit a team to make them like City??

Any help would be really appreciated.

So max that out as well? Players are very interested in signing already it's just no clubs are buying them? They are signing 1 or two poor quality players that they would normall sign.

Also Wage budgets are very low in game despite great finances and me setting them at £8m? They are 28k p/w and 56k p/w with wage budget maxed out in the boardroom? 6500k p/w means half of the interested players can't be signed anyway.

I've tried this sort of thing in an experiment I did and was told that bank balance will always be adjusted if it's really high depending on the team/league reputation. I think I read somewhere that you can use a EDT file to make a team's bank balance high, but I can't remember what the code is.

Changing the rep of the league has made no difference - All the top players are still interested but the computer controlled clubs in the league continue to make no big purchases.

The two issues i'd really like some help with are

1. Computer clubs make no big signings despite having huge budgets and top class players wanting to play for them

2. The clubs wage budget only allows for wages up to £6,500k a week, the budget resets to 56k despite being set at £8m in the editor

There must be something extra stopping this, or causing clubs like city to behave like they do, does anyone know what it is?

The clubs are probably not signing players (point 1) due to the game restricting them to the lower wages / budgets (point 2). With that kind of $, they cannot afford the players even if there is mutual interest. Guess you have to use a real-time editor to change the wage and transfer budgets of the teams.

It is still possible for me to sign quality players, just those that are after lower wages, I don't think it's that that is restricting the computer clubs. There must be something else.

For example i signed Eduardo (gk), Buotanotte (sp?), Axel Witsel, Alex Texieria, Insua, Anyukov, Bikey, Sakho, Mculloch (ha ha - for league two he's class though), Gokdeniz, Douglas Costa.

Are the in game editors posted on here anywhere? I could give them a try but i think it is something else limiting the clubs. If anyone knows the answer i will be forever in your debt! Anyone from SI?

Step 1 : Buy FM10

Step 2 : Take Control of Notts County and call yourself "Sven Goran Moneybags"

Step 3 : Buy all the high potential, low rep players from overseas that you find on the GPG forum within the first week of release.

Step 4 : Win League 2 & The Johnsons Paint Trophy, but nothing much else as you cant attract even crap Championship players , and spend the next 4 seasons fending off bids from bigger clubs on your stars.

So easy , even Steve McLaren could do it. Although FM10 had better have shiny new graphics to keep my attention, as Steps 1-4 (for Notts County , read random yearly rich lower league club in previous seasons) have been done every game since CM93/94 :)

Strangely I decided to take the option of free transferring every player in the game and it all worked, the clubs started bidding on the good players and the wage budgets were correct?? How can this be the case? It must be possible to do it without freeing all players?

Something must be linked between the players and the clubs that stops them bidding on good players normally, or having correct wage budgets?

Anyone with the answer to this will be my new favourite person for sure?

Archived