Loss of morale after conceding consolation goal in drubbings

It strikes me as quite frustrating that after having a wonderful game, screamers, drubbings, etc. against even major teams in the League, if you happen to concede a consolation goal, out of the blue, near the end, the players' morales drop considerably after the game finishes. They've all given wonderful performances, their manager gives them the greatest of praise, and yet they're not as happy as they should be!

For example, while managing AS Monaco, I thrashed Lens 6-1, and we were leading 6-0 (4-0 at half-time) till one of their players managed to score a consolation out of the blue. In the post-match team talk screen, everyone's delighted to bits, apart from maybe Adriano (even though he scored 2 goals and had an assist or two, getting a match rating of 8.9) but nothing to suggest that they'd be down, but what happens after the actual game (i.e. you press continue)? They've all had their morale dampened and decreased by at least one level, with one player, Diego Buonanotte getting his one lowered two levels to just "good" (his was "superb" prior to the match), even though he had a splendid game as well, getting at least 2-3 assists and a match rating of 8.2! Jean Petit lets me know that our overall morale is "very good" now, compared to "can't be any higher" before we played the game.

This sort of thing can seriously worsen your mood after the game, since even though your boys have given one heck of a performance, their morales happen to worsen afterwards! In my opinion, it just isn't realistic, since 6-1 drubbings would only help and increase your players' morale. It gets worse when I notice that Lyon's players have all superb ratings even though they haven't had the best of games. Has anyone else had any similar experiences, and would you agree that this needs to be changed in later versions of FM?

In theory there is no reason why there mood wouldn't get worse.

You play a game for your club, your happy, but then you have to go to training etc. That could lower mood. Dont know if fm takes this into account. What happens to your players morale after a game if you win big and dont concede?

It's your teamtalks. If you're heavy favourites for a match, you win comfortably, select teamtalk option 1 and a player's morale drops after hitting continue => you chose the wrong teamtalk. It's not exactly intuitive with respect to the wording but take a note of odds, player rating and scoreline the next time your morale drops like this. If you have a reasonably similar event select a lower level of praise for the players who experienced a morale drop previously, and see what happens.

'None' does not function exactly as the manual describes. Heavy favourites + Expect a win => I usually use none with exceptions being the man of the match and/or certain ratings.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=120053

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=124078

Archived