Firing Bad Assistant Manager and Staff

Got a horrible ass man (really an ass one) but would cost me 1.7 million to fire him. Same is true for a whole bunch of parasites in my team: from physio, to scouts and coaches, as well as players.

But to fire them requires compensation (lots of $$$)... Worse, in the case of staff, I can only hire a new ass man if the bad one is fired first, and so is true as there is a limit on the number of staff I can have.

What do you do in these situations?...

I have found that offerring a shorter contract is usually unsuccessful, but you may be able to offer him a contract as a coach on your staff for the same length of time, if he takes the demotion, it will free up the AM opening for you to hire a better one.

Whilst it might be considered cheating, if you're just starting a game you could use the editor to reduce the contracts (and possibly wages) for staff you don't want to keep to just 1 year.

That gives you a season to replace your backroom staff without having to fork out $$$'s.

that is one of the biggest back holes in FM, there's no way to get rid of staff w/o financial damage to your budget, IRL you can get rid of them saying - you are free to look for another club, I won't charge them any fees, also if the salary is lower, I will pay the rest for X years upto your current wages.

I've found that, unless the team is rapidly improving and the coaching staff wants a huge new contract all the time, you can usually get players and staff to halve their wages (and maybe chop a year or two off their contract) if you offer a big signing-on fee with the contract. Then wait half a season to a season and cut them for considerably less.

Thanks all. It seems I am not alone in this dilemma...

18-WATP-73: I had tried your suggestion, but ass managers do not accept being demoted.

Falatur: your advice is good, but I'd have to wait one season til their contracts expire.... Not enough time.

I guess the best solution is to mix a bit: fire a few (trying mutual termination), keep a few for a while, until you can fix the kitchen entirely...

Mutual termination is a non sense to me.

If you were in them , being in the process of being sacked , I bet none of us would accept a mutual termination when a complete contract must be paid by the team.

In addition , into FM09 , the mutual termination was pretty much the same of paying the remaining contract years wage.

Assman might not accept an alterative role if their <offered role> rating is lower than that of Assman rating.

I would try offering lower wages (few hundred at a time) or shorter contracts to minimize the financial pain. The assman takes priority over other staff so if I still can't convince them to take lower wages / contract durations / another role, I would still sack and replace with a better one.

that is one of the biggest back holes in FM, there's no way to get rid of staff w/o financial damage to your budget, IRL you can get rid of them saying - you are free to look for another club, I won't charge them any fees, also if the salary is lower, I will pay the rest for X years upto your current wages.

Not true. This is their job, they need compensation if they're gettingg sacked.

You should then also be taken to employment tribunals!

You'd be asked a series of questions on the witness stand by the "devious" lawyer for your former ass man, and you'd have to pick one of five answers.

"Is is true that you made Ass Man clean your office in a tutu?

- That is absolutely true

- I agree

- I don't think it would be appropriate to comment on that right now

- That is not true

- I couldn't diagree more"

If you give the wrong answer, you could be procesuted for perjury and your Ass Man would have to take charge of all your matches for a couple of seasons while you serve a prison term.

Archived