Champions League Registration

Hi,

Upon reading a Sky Sports News report last week I saw that Liverpool had registered two young players in their Champions League squad of 28...

... but the last time I played Football Manager with a Champions League team my squad was limited to 25 (including all the new rules for home-grown and home-based players). Has there been a rule change since the last game was produced? I assume SI wouldn't of made the mistkae of leaving this out, and if it's correct then I'm looking forward to it in the new game, although this year will we need to register more of the previously mentioned HG and HB players?

I think under-20 (or under-18) players are need not be registered.

That may go someway to make sense of it, however in this case I think they have had to register them due to the home-grown player rule...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5544129,00.html

I'm sure if there has been any changes that SI will implement them... I wonder we'll still be able to sign U-18 players from other European countries by the time the game arrives! Ha!

Thanks Allies, I checked the Liverpool website but, to be quite frank, it's awful! Anyway, I also went to the Uefa site and checked the Champions League rules and you're spot on about the lists, although it seems you can register as many as you want as long as they're born after a certain date and have played for your club for the last two years consecutively

"Conditions for registration: List B

Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B

during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on

the day before the match in question.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1988

and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted

period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with

UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been

registered with the participating club for the previous two years without

interruption."

Archived