Scottish Third Division Relegation

Yes, no doubt asked to death but I couldn't find a proper answer really...

Will we finally be seeing this in FM 2010?

For those who don't know, if a team finishes bottom of the Third Division three years running then they are put up for review and may be kicked out of the Association, with a new team being introduced; although I think most of us would rather just see instant relegation (with the faux presentation of the club being "reviewed" ;))

I can't remember if any of the other FMs have the rule, I don't think so though. So will it be in FM 2010?

It's possible that a club can go total bankrupt and never exist again in real life, unfortunately that doesn't mean it's going to make it into the game. As Arsenal_2111 said, I'm pretty sure Licensing prevents this from being implemented.

The same reason why players can't be banned for drug use etc. in game.

Yes, but I'm not saying the club should go bankrupt. Just that it should be fed into the pool of teams in regional leagues, with another team from that pool promoted.; so it's still possible they will be reinstated at some point.

There is no direct relegation from the Scottish Third Division but since the 2005-06 season if a club finishes bottom for three successive seasons then they will have their full membership of the SFL suspended. The club will then play the next two seasons as a non-voting associate member after which the full members shall vote on the fate of the suspended club.

Archived