Regen appears in two different games!!!

This may be a pointless thread but i have always presumed that regens are completely different for each game you play and that their names are generated from a database and their stats and everything else randomnly generated. Am i correct so far?

Well that is what ive thought until now when a regen i remember from a Salzburg save appeared in my latest Arsenal save. He's a French kid who is regenerated by Saint Etienne and goes by the name of Andy Wilson. I signed him for my Salzburg team and he went on to be a legend for the club and ive just spotted him again. It is DEFINATELY the same name as i always wondered why my French regen had a very English name.

Whats even more interesting is that he is a centre midfielder (like in my salzburg game) and he has the same kind of stats (good first touch, good anticipation). He even looks the damn same.

Now i have either missed a huge chunk of fm09 or i have geniunely found something amazing! Mods could you confirm by queries either way?

Probably a member of SI staff. They are set to appear as regens at random points. Try searching in game for 'faceinthegame' (without the quotes) and see if he appears on the list. If he does then thee is a good chance he is SI staff.

I noticed him on one of my save simply because he is French with an English name. He went to Newcastle and I thought of signing him as he had great stats but I was playing as Sunderland so would have had to pay too much. The following season he was simply not as good as my 4 strikers so I didn't bother.

The names can be the same (there are a limited number of names, after all), but they are altogether different players.

Fair enough, it's just that every now and then, when I've seen the same name come up (even rare ones like Aaron Mooy) I think (but really can't remember) that they've been the same position as well. Could just be coincidence...

Archived