Picking players

OK just wondering how you all go about picking players to buy for your club WITHOUT USING A SCOUTING TOOL.

I mean do you trust your scouts most of the time...even if you are in a low league and the scouts dont have great stats?

Do you go by just the player stats?

Do you go by their name (reputation) in football?

The players form for their current team?

I'm thinking of playing as a low league team you see and without money you have to get unknown players into the club so how do people go about finding and choosing these if you scouts are poor and your assistant manager doesn't have the best rating on players ability either!?!

If you're a large club you can go for the well known International/Premiership players that we all know of... but now wondering how you go about picking unknown players...thats all....

Cheers...

i look for weak areas of my team and look for player that are better then what i have or free transfers if you dont have much money.mainly to start off with i look at price and stats

You look for players better than what you have...so you base that purely on the players stats (1-20) ?

Depends if I'm looking at youth players then I mainly rely on scout reports, but I still look at the players attributes. No point in buying a youngsters with a very low important attribute (concentration 2 for a central defender is a no go) since they can only change by a 6-7 (if I'm lucky) points.

I only look at the attributes of players over 23-24.

I use the scouts to find some players and sometimes I scan through the rumours and see what players are linked with other players and get my scouts to scout them. I always send the same scout/coach to scout the player at least 3 times and I tend to get a second or even third opinion.

But I always use my own judgement on a player that I sign; just because my scout thinks he's good it doesn't mean that he's good if his attributes for his position isn't up to scratch (e.g. a DC with bad Jumping attribute)

I would recommend having at least 1 member of the backroom staff with good judging ability and judging potential ability attributes (or 2 seperate members of staff)

So that should give a better indication on the players suitability after scouting him at least 3 times.

I also always ask for recommendations of players from new signings, sometimes you can unearth a gem there that you or your scouts might not have noticed. I tend to ask them again if I do sign their recommended player.

Archived