Has anyone ever gone a whole season without conceding a goal in the league?

i did, managing in hong kong!! (not much of an achievement, theres only 18 league games per season!) ill see if i can find screenie...

edit: cant find it, must have deleted it in the huff when i got the sack. best i can come up with os only concedin 1 goal... http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3815/tablequ9.jpg

I managed about half a season without conceding a goal with Man United on an FM08 save once. I had smashed my all time FM transfer record that summer by signing Silva for €130M as the last missing piece of a majestic team. It was the first half of the season so about 17-19 games into the season I still hadn't conceded a goal! It wasn't my best season though as a number of them were 0-0 draws. Halfway through the season I started to conceed goals and I missed my "least conceded" record by some distance. Which now sits at 11 with Man United in an FM09 season! I also didn't go unbeaten as I finally lost to some insignificant team after winning the title.

I went the entire season of premiership unbeaten, and without conceding any goals in any of the competitions.

Plus, it was in the very first season of the game, and I was Bolton.

Unfortunately, i've misplaced the screenshots, and it looks unlikely that i'll find them again.

meh.. finally found the screenie of it now... here it is!! once you get a decent squad in the HK league, its very easy to go on ridiculous runs like that. i also had a 115 league game unbeaten run!!

You won every game with an avarage of 5+ goals??! :eek: That IS ridiculous! :D

I would bow down to the person who could complete the Premier League without conceding a goal (although maybe not, since theoretically you can still get relegated). The best I've done so far is concede 8 goals, and to answer your 2nd question, I'm currently on a 356 unbeaten run in the league, and it doesn't look like it'll be ending soon :D

You won every game with an avarage of 5+ goals??! :eek: That IS ridiculous! :D

yep!! :D it it any wonder i packed the game up for 6 months when that club sacked me after winning 17 titles in a row?! the only reason i kept going is cos it was part of a challenge, and we were pretty crap in the Asian Champions league...

I've gone 230 ish league games unbeaten with my East Belfast side, but I haven't yet managed to concede no goals in a season. The closest I've come thus far is 6 conceded in 2025/26 (this is in the league). I haven't yet had a perfect season either, the closest being two seasons where I got 88 points out of 90.

My Liverpool side's currently 51 games unbeaten in all competitions, and have won the last 26 of those. It's also been 9 games since we conceded a league goal. It's my best run counting all competitions, but I did go 63 league games without defeat earlier on this save. It's not all good news though; Gerrard seems to be losing his discipline as he gets older - he's just picked up his 3rd red card of the season. That's 7 reds in total in the league (4 others have got one each), but only 25 yellows.

I went the entire season of premiership unbeaten, and without conceding any goals in any of the competitions.

Unfortunately, i've misplaced the screenshots, and it looks unlikely that i'll find them again.

Mislplaced the screenshots, thats handy... dont think they ever existed mate!

Mislplaced the screenshots, thats handy... dont think they ever existed mate!

oh ye of little faith!!! :p

to add to my (rather nice) clean sheet record here, id like to add i went almost 7 years ( i think) unbeaten in the domestic league competition.... 115 games my record was, not bad considering 18 games a season.... :D

Quite obvious if U did that. So U managed to win the cup competitions too?

Impressive. U should apply for the Bolton job IRL.

That's bad. Imagine sending the screenshots with your CV.

meh.. finally found the screenie of it now... here it is!! once you get a decent squad in the HK league, its very easy to go on ridiculous runs like that. i also had a 115 league game unbeaten run!!

Nice run, even if only over an 18 game season. And the runner up was hardly rubbish, he went 16-0-2!

best i can come up with os only concedin 1 goal...

Slack defending that :cool:

Hmmm this sounds a little bit dubious...call me a sceptic!

Sceptic.

Won the league with a perfect win streak and only conceeding 5 goals.

It was only the Portugese league, but still I was so proud. It was at that time I realised I needed a new challenge...

Fantastic record mate.

Which editor did you use?

LMAO

Slack defending that :cool:

Sceptic.

Fantastic record mate.

LMAO

Yeah I like the comment about the editor:thup:

Whats the point in playing if you are going to win everything because you have edited things in your favour:thdn:

I am 1 game into a new season playing as Man u and I conceeded to Wigan at home within 5 mins .......................so happy days AGAIN ;)

Some crazy records on here. I must be a really poor player. Every season I usually set myself a target of not losing more than 10 league games ; that way I know I'll probably end up either in the playoffs or just missing out. Even my best team ever, Leeds United on 01/02, lost 2 league games in my championship winning season.

Some crazy records on here. I must be a really poor player. Every season I usually set myself a target of not losing more than 10 league games ; that way I know I'll probably end up either in the playoffs or just missing out. Even my best team ever, Leeds United on 01/02, lost 2 league games in my championship winning season.

You are not a poor player..........just not cheating;)

I think I conceded only 5 in Serie A with Triestina (way into the future) once, but never conceded nothing.

I do play Football Manager 2008, though, where a free kick on the edge of the area is 90% guaranteed to go in even if a centre-back hits it, though - and this is usually where I end up conceding.

as udinese i'm 111 straight without loosing in serie A,won 5 in a row and winning about 75 in a row (still open),i've a great defence (but not great players) and a great gk (samir is god!) and i usually concede about 15goals in a season (only serie A..when playing champions league against arsenal are always fireworks!)

In my unbeatebole SE Gama save i only condeded 2 goals in 70 matches or so.. State Championship and Campeonato Brasileiro Série C.. wish i still had the screenshot.

Archived