Moving to a new stadium

Does anybody know how you get to move to a new bigger stadium?

All of my season tickets have sold out since i gained promotion so i would like a bigger capacity but when i request a stadium expansion the board say the council won't allow it as not enough room. Will my club eventually move to a new stadium automatically?

Silence from the people at SI doesn't really help matters, but as yet, nobody knows what determines a stadium move.

Chelsea are always the most likely candidates in the game to move to the "Zola Park" or "Zola Arena", is this down to Season Ticket takeup? Average Attendance? Potential for bigger Attendances? Generous Chairman? Stadium Age and/or condition?

Finances aren't neccesarily a big-part of the decision since Chelsea often take out a £200m loan to pay for the stadium.

But as DivineOne said, patience is needed.

Exactly, patience is needed. I am in 10th season with R. Madrid and get the same response from Board as KHFC5 stated. I have been spending mere pennies outta my 150+ Millions of budgets from last 4 seasons to increase the bank balance which stands at 633M now. Still no signs of new stadium though we have been selling out every match.

There's a specific way to get a new stadium. Firstly you need to have the money. Secondly you need to have the fanbase. But the most important aspect is WHEN you request to expand the stadium.

If you request to expand in between December the 21st and January the 21st you're almost always 100% likely to be granted a new stadium. If you ask any other time of the year, they'll just block any expansion. I don't know why SI decided to implement this little cheat, but it's been proven countless times by hundreds of different people.

You don't necessarily need the money as the board will get a loan out. I know one example where finances were completely crippled because of an ambitious / stupid (delete where appropriate) board got a 25 year loan for a new stadium when they couldn't afford it.

Personally I got a new stadium about 3 seasons after winning the Icelandic league for the first time (again a loan was used), we didn't own the old stadium and it's capacity was 1000, so was needed, it was named after me too. :)

Also I've never heard of that 'cheat' either, anyone care to test the theory, doesn't work for me as I always ask between those times.

Really? Well do a google search, and you'll notice on many different FM forums about people taking about it and explaining the details more precisely.

Would you mind linking to some? Or pointing out where you noticed it? I'm struggling to find anything :(

Archived