Club Finances/Want a board takerover help!?

Hey guys started a new game and decided to play with newcastle and restore them to their former glory and then some!

anyway this however will not be possible if i keep getting losses of around 2mil a month! i started with 20 million in the coffers when in the beginning and it has slowly decresed and i am now negative 1m in March 09!

i dont know if im doing something wrong but my wages are kept very tight(100k under budget), ive spent next nothing on transfers and recouped what i spent in sales... Mike ashley's status is "happy to stay"...

but my cash is flying out the door

any tips would be greatly appreciated thanks!

check your finances screen, see where youre losing the money every month. knowing newcastle, even though youre below wage budget, therell still be some hefty earners in there.

2 highest paid players are Coloccini and Viduka both on 60k... Viduka is on his last few months and his gone but Coloccini is a star! staff wages arent that high.... i just dont know whats going wrong... we have a chinese feeder club which apparently gives "financial benefits for both teams"... really ill post my finances screen see what you can make of it

Best tip i can ever give is ignore the Wage Budget cap. A lot of people think that being under budget will save them and stop their monthly losses, but it's simply not true. You could be losing £2m per month as you are, but if you put some of your Transfer Budget into the Wage Budget and increase your wages, you could be making even bigger monthly losses. So you can see how irrelevant the Wage Budget is :)

Your Wages are your biggest expenditure by far and you need to balance your wages with your Gate Receipts and Merchandise (i generally try and follow my own rule that Gate Receipts + Merchandise = Wage Expenditure) and you shouldn't be too worse off.

If you checkout Finances > Salary, whats your Current Wage Total? You may be paying too much in wages. You have little control over anything else, so try and reduce the wage bill.

Out of curiosity, can you post a screenshot of the finance page showing Income and another showing Expenditure? I can help you more then :)

Your wage bill is to high, its as simple as that.

You are spending 2.2mill in wages, and 4.7 million in total every month. As far as I know you can only do something about your wages.

On the other side, you are only earning 2.5 million each month, which means you are loosing 2.2 million.

So, what this means is that even if you get your weekly wages down to 31k, you are still going to loose 200k a month.

(The math is, 500k * 4 weeks = 2 million)

The conclusion is that you are forced to make good money on player sales, and bringing in cheap players.

And btw, the chinese feeder only comes into effect when you buy a player with a certian amount of reputation which trigges the "Shirt sales boosted by big signing"-news. This isnt recommended in your financial position as it would probably take 15 million to purchase such a player unless you get him when his contract expires.

who esle is "not needed by the club" ??

and what back-up is on £55k?!?!

Not Needed:

Nicky Butt and Mark Viduka both on 35k and 60k respectively contracts both up in 3 months...

Back-up on 55k is Joey Barton... thats a mistake hes not a backup hes first team squad...

Your wage bill is to high, its as simple as that.

You are spending 2.2mill in wages, and 4.7 million in total every month. As far as I know you can only do something about your wages.

On the other side, you are only earning 2.5 million each month, which means you are loosing 2.2 million.

So, what this means is that even if you get your weekly wages down to 31k, you are still going to loose 200k a month.

(The math is, 500k * 4 weeks = 2 million)

The conclusion is that you are forced to make good money on player sales, and bringing in cheap players.

And btw, the chinese feeder only comes into effect when you buy a player with a certian amount of reputation which trigges the "Shirt sales boosted by big signing"-news. This isnt recommended in your financial position as it would probably take 15 million to purchase such a player unless you get him when his contract expires.

Learn something new everyday :)

trimming the wage biull down is the answer. in the summer, pick up as many free transfers as you can, rather than splashing out on players. the wages are a lil cock-eyed though, as you have a "key" player on £30k and a "first team" player on twice that!

you could see if you can re-negotiate contracts with existing players, see if theyll accept anything lower... shift out any deadwood from the squad, and stick to the old "buy low, sell high" motto. that should help you turn it around...

trimming the wage biull down is the answer. in the summer, pick up as many free transfers as you can, rather than splashing out on players. the wages are a lil cock-eyed though, as you have a "key" player on £30k and a "first team" player on twice that!

you could see if you can re-negotiate contracts with existing players, see if theyll accept anything lower... shift out any deadwood from the squad, and stick to the old "buy low, sell high" motto. that should help you turn it around...

Problem is 12 games left in the season on 2nd in the league looking at a real good chance at promotion to EPL.. i cant afford to be docked points! and cant afford at this point in time to trim the edges of my squad

id also check on your players contracts and see how many of them have got a "raise after promotion" clause in, as if youre coming towards the end of the season and 2nd in the league, despite gettin promoted and getting the financial rewards that come with it, youll end up suffering a similar problem next season!

edit: dont quote me on this, but id say youre miles from getting docked points. if the club was that unstable financially, you wouldnt still have a £6m transfer budget...

OK this brings me to my next point... clearly i get rid of Viduka and Butt...

how else would i go about trimming the squad do i get rid of my star players in Jonas, Coloccini and Kone?

Also is it likely a board takeover is not to far away? or is mike ashley more likely to sell?

personally speaking, the first thing i would have done would be get rid of Coloccini! i cant stand him!! id be scouring the market looking for players whos contracts are expiring at the end of the season, players with minimum fee clauses, and generally cheap prospects.

i doubt youre gonna get a takeover, especially with promotion on the horizon and the chairman being "happy to stay"

If you're certain you can hang in there until Summer and gain promotion to the Premier League, then i wouldn't be too worried.

It's too late to do anything now anyway, you can't sell anyone to reduce the wage bill. But your wage bill of £531,000 is far too much for a Championship club to maintain.

Once you gain promotion, your ticket prices will rise as will season ticket prices too, so you'll see a much larger Gate Receipt income and Season Ticket income.

Once in the Premier League, try and maintain the wage bill around the £500-600,000 level. Once the big crowds keep coming back to St James Park you'll be better off :thup:

punt barton as he is unhappy for a few quid if there is a end of contract player of similar stature that you can pick up on less wages, release butt and viduka, try to negotiate down some of the salaries of team members that you want to keep by a couple of grand, usually one or two will go for it.

You might want to get rid of your top earners in any way. Then also get rid of any player who isn't a starter or always on the bench of his contract runs out. Get rid of anybody who only lurks in the reserves although being older than 20 years.

At least for the Championship these wages are not tolerable. You'd have to get rid of anybody making 30k or more as you just cannot make that much money. In the EP, it would be a different thing. TV money would give you that amount of money. Still, you might try to cut wage costs whereever possible. Otherwise you should not make too many signings.

Don't worry about being £4m in the red.

Season Ticket prices will increase because your club rep has increased as a result of playing in the Premier League. So you'll bag £20m+ from that. Plus your £8m+ sponsorship money. Don't forget the £29m TV Revenue over the season, where previously you only had £700,000 in the Championship, so theres a nice bonus over the season. Your ticket prices will increase so you'll see a big rise in Gate Receipts and your merchandise will increase slightly too.

My advice would be to consolidate your Premier League position, try and build a squad to survive and be profitable over the season. Your 2nd season in the Premier League should give you £40-50m to spend if you keep the 1st year wages around £500,000 and don't spend big.

you really need to get those wages down mate, looks like youre losing a packet there. id be tempted to release Viduka, if the board will allow it...

Would that do any good though? You'd still spend the same amount of money releasing him.

I thought you saved half the wages or something if you released him on a free?

You owe him compensation for terminating his contract against his wishes, i.e. you pay him the full contract amount.

Mutual termination often means releasing with a smaller payoff.

Don't worry about being £4m in the red.

Season Ticket prices will increase because your club rep has increased as a result of playing in the Premier League. So you'll bag £20m+ from that. Plus your £8m+ sponsorship money. Don't forget the £29m TV Revenue over the season, where previously you only had £700,000 in the Championship, so theres a nice bonus over the season. Your ticket prices will increase so you'll see a big rise in Gate Receipts and your merchandise will increase slightly too.

My advice would be to consolidate your Premier League position, try and build a squad to survive and be profitable over the season. Your 2nd season in the Premier League should give you £40-50m to spend if you keep the 1st year wages around £500,000 and don't spend big.

Never knew that! learnt another thing

also yeh i edited the 9.3 database with all the latest transfers(coaches/players) along with relegations/promotions

Would that do any good though? You'd still spend the same amount of money releasing him.

yeh terminating contract is useless... still pay the same ammount all in one heap...

mutual termination is the way forward but the players never accept it... not even if they are angry

would be nice if the board could tell you further into the season about stuff like this. Like a confidence update but more in depth. Because if youve spent that much on wages and the clubs not making a profit then the chairmen should be telling you that you have so long to cut it or your out a job.

would be nice if the board could tell you further into the season about stuff like this. Like a confidence update but more in depth. Because if youve spent that much on wages and the clubs not making a profit then the chairmen should be telling you that you have so long to cut it or your out a job.

thats a great idea :thup:

Archived