Thinking about buying the game need help

I am very interested in football but I live in America and I don't quite get the tatics side of football. So I was wondering if I could sim the game without me having to do any tatics what so ever. I am just interested in building a team from the bottom and taking them to the top, not the tatics side of things. I also enjoy developing youngsters into world class players...I know I'm wierd like that. So I would want to do a General Managers job in assembling a team rather than doing game from game things. Is there anyway I can do that in FM 09?

If there is a way to do that, my next question is how do I build a team? Do I get as many good young guys I can get, or get one good guy and build around him? How do I take a team from the bottom to the top basically. Thank you very much.

There isn't a simulate match as such but you can holiday for a day - which achieves the same thing. This way you do miss out on post-match press conferences though and now discipline is done through news items, you also miss that. That's not usually so bad because your Assistant Manager will still punish players.

Hi Salesman - It seems you want to run the business side of a soccer club. You can certainly do that in WSM 09, but perhaps there may be other soccer simulators out there which could allow you to make stronger financial, marketing and operations decisions. (I recall "Premier Manager 1996", in which you could decide prices and promotions of merchandise and restaurant items, in addition to expanding stadium modular facilities).

In WSM, you are pretty much dependent on decisions of the Board Room and the Chairman. If you want to be more of a Chairman, and less of a Manager, you may try to use the Assistant Manager and config the game to make these tactical decisions for you. But that's the core of WSM, so I am not sure you'll find it much fun... Good luck.

WSM is the same as FM, under a different name due to licensing issues.

You can ask the assman to take over team talks, press conferences, friendly matches and contract renewals, but you don't have the option ro get him to take control of the 1st team during matches. The best you can do is to go on leave for 1 day on match day, so that by default ur assman takes over the match.

Yes, WSM is how FM is named in USA.

Agreeing with John, the only way to not play matches, as far as I know, is to go on vacation during the season, say, one-week vacations interspersed with a few days work.

In this case, the bulk of your work will be in overseeing the payroll and staff team (mainly scouts), negotiating players' contracts, and making a few queries to the Board. Not very "business-y" on the economic/administrative side, but it's lotsa fun anyways.

Because I basically want to build a team from the bottom leagues to a good one. I have decided I am getting the game lol. But how do I build a football team from the ground up? Through transfers or other means? And what do I get if I sell a player if the amount of money that I can use in transfers depends on the board? Thanks so much for the reply guys! Keep em comin!!!

Ignore the nay sayers, you can play the game your way, but you should wait for FM10 which should be coming out next month.

Keep in mind that it won't be as detailed as you might think.

You'll be able to:-

Sign new players

Give players contracts

Praise/criticise players

Handle training

Ask Board for a handful of things like expanding stadium, extra transfer funs, etc...

That's pretty much it.

You should really give the tactics side a try though. It really isn't that complicated especially with the new wizard that'll be included in FM10.

Archived