Notts County?

It is more the reputation that will make a difference though. Even with £5m, unless Sven had gone there and they had this 'ambitious plan' they never would have signed Sol Campbell on a free. I even saw something about Roberto Carlos would be interested in signing for them. A sugar daddy at a 4th tier team wouldn't have that effect so they will have to tinker with the reputation a bit I would imagine.

Unless they have made changes and are treating money as an incentive for the player then it could work. If it stays the same as in previous versions then they would only be able to buy crappy players since no matter how much they can offer no one will want to come (as opposed to real life)

I did an experiment. I made them a sugar daddy and increased there rep by 1000. I could attract players like Pascal Cygan, Lauren, Davenport, Michael Ball on frees, and used money to buy the likes of McLean, Scannell, Moses, Fuseini, Craig Beattie, etc. So I actually thought that wasnt tooooo bad.

Also I cant remember exactly (scannell was one) but there was a few people who said they wern't interested in joining. I offered them max contract (26k/week) and they agreed to sign despite previously having no interest which I also thought was quite good.

The problem here is that you increased their reputation. IN FM their reputation will not be increased since there is no reason to do so. Besides even if they have a large reputation the static leagues reputation will lower it the next year and then you are back to square one. What they need to do is to finally realize that money is more important to the player than the clubs reputation. Its their job after all and they need to earn a lot of money in their active years.

Well I earned promotion to league 1 that season and went on to sign Massimo Maccarone, Ivan De La Pena, and other players like that. So I dont think an increase in rep is too bad, because tbh with that money you'll be expected to get promotion anyway. Especially with 4 slots available. But your right, SI wont do a massive increase in rep. Which I can understand as Notts County's rep hasn't improved alot yet. Maybe a bit as there in the news more, and have attracted the likes of Campbell. But wont get an increase as high as the one I gave them. But it can be an option for those who dont think it's enough.

The problem here is that you increased their reputation. IN FM their reputation will not be increased since there is no reason to do so. Besides even if they have a large reputation the static leagues reputation will lower it the next year and then you are back to square one. What they need to do is to finally realize that money is more important to the player than the clubs reputation. Its their job after all and they need to earn a lot of money in their active years.

I think their reputation will be increased, as having Sven and a sugar daddy can make some better players sign for them.

Archived