Possible feature for FM10

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned at all before but the possibility of adding an extra option to transfers has just sprung to mind, basically I would quite like to see an option where you buy a player but loan him back to the selling club for a season so he can develop / gain citizenship or for whatever reason really, maybe even giving the team offering that option more of a chance of actually buying the said player over other teams, as I know been a manager of a lower league team, good quality players can be difficult to replace but money does come in handy!

What do you think?

Its only not allowed for Premiership to Premiership, Liverpool were going to do it when they signed Carson from Leeds but the FA banned it. A Premiership club can buy and loan back a player to someone outside the Premiership or Europe as Man Utd did with a player last season

I wouldn't think it would take much coding in though surely, it's not like it's changing the transfer system on it's head...

All FM10's features are decided long before now so that's why it won't make it in - unless of course, they already decided to put it in.

in Spain is possible

Real Madrid did it with Ezequiel Garay last year(loaned him back to Racing Santander), and this year with Joselu (Celta Vigo)

the option should be like this

when you sign a new player three buttons appear in right corner down= squad numbers - training - team (first team, reserve, u19)

I propose you shoud have at least 2 more options there ( loan him to affiliate , loan him back to his old club )

what do you think?

Kyle Walker, Adem Ljajic, the young Serb signed by Man U are just 2 examples. It is done yes, and it should be in the game. However, if SI haven't done it already it won't be in FM10 - too late to suggest new ideas now, I'm afraid.

Ljajic wasn't loaned back, the transfer could not go through until his 18th birthday so he actually remained a Partizan player. That's already in FM.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't actually allowed as part of one deal.

It is, however, perfectly legal if the buying and loaning deals are seperate. There is nothing to prove that was part of any transfer agreement.

So instead of having this as a transfer clause, a news item could possibly appear from the selling club asking if you would consider loaning the player back, and you could then negotiate a loan with them.

Archived