Finally got a new stadium, then....(2)

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone saw my first thread about finally getting a new stadium, but I have now encountered a new problem.

The responses to my last thread on this topic persuaded me to carry on with my save, even though i had not properly moved into my new stadium, (long story).

Now, I checked the club information screen and where the stadium name should be, it is blank!

It is the same capacity and initially the new stadium was named after me, but now it is just blank. I apparently play all home champions league games at ' ,Blackpool '.

Does anyone know of a way of fixing this? Does it come back in time or is this a bug of some sorts?

Please help.

Sounds like you want FMRTE, an editor for existing saves.

I've always tried to shy away from the editors.

Can you directly edit the name of the stadium the editors? It still feels like cheating in a way to be honest.

Is there no other way of sorting it out?

I've always tried to shy away from the editors.

Can you directly edit the name of the stadium the editors? It still feels like cheating in a way to be honest.

Is there no other way of sorting it out?

I don't use it either, but I believe that you can edit pretty much anything you can edit in the proper editor. It wouldn't be cheating if you just changed the name of your stadium, it's a bug after all.

You could change the name, then uninstall the editor. Nowhere near cheating imo, especially as it'll have no effect on the actual save.

Doubt there'd be any other way to fix it tbh

I went a bit crazy with the editor for FM08, and was determined to play realistic games wihtouht the editor on FM09 to see if it made the game better. It did and I haven't looked back since. I can see me getting the editor and getting carried away again though if I download it.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Yeah, I was terrible with editing in FM07, haven't been able to use it responsibly since :D

But in your case I'd definitely correct it. If you've done that well with them, they'd name the stadium after you, given that I've had the Wills Arena after achieving much less with a bigger club, so call it the Scarykarl Stadium.

I've also had Fulham Stadium, so you could be boring with a location name instead...

They already named it after me using my surname, The Guarino Arena, which I thought sounded great, lol. So to see it disappear I was gutted. It took two years to build. Sounds sad, but it kept me going for ages once I realised there was a new stadium on the way.

I'm gonna have to change it back.

What editior allows you to change the stadium name? Anyone?

Did you have some bad results or get sacked? Sold an iconic player? Maybe they have rescinded the name change.

I had the same issue, and after 3 or so seasons, the name is still ", Portsmouth".

Things like this do annoy me...

Edit: I joined Portsmouth as a manager after they moved into the new stadium too, so it seems to be unrelated to the fact that it was a human player controlling the team at the time of getting the new stadium...

It was suggested in a different thread that you might have to wait until next season because of a possible fixture-bug. So it MIGHT just sort itself out

When the fixtures were released, only my home champions league games showed as being played at new stadium. now, it is still at the new stadium, but the name of the stadium has gone. It was only a few days after I had noticed the initial issue.

:(

Apologies, think I may have solved it from another thread I just found: FYI -

"Well I can certainly confirm that this works...

What happened was that in my 2016-17 season at Chelsea, we finally moved into "Zola Arena" However, after reloading a saved game, the stadium name had disappeared.

I don't know how you can get the stadium unique ID from the game itself, but by using an editor (such as Immuner's FMScout09), you can load the game, then (using this editor), select Teams -> enter the team name and double click on the search result - the first line on the rightmost pane gives you the ID of the ground.

Make a note of this, then go into your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db directory (I have set my own one up - not sure if this would be a part of the file structure if you're using the standard/default one) and there should be a folder called 'lnc' within the database folder.

Create a new file - MUST have a .lnc extension! - I've called mine 'chelsea.lnc') and in that file, using a text editor (notepad is good) type in the following:

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 2023039526 "Zola Arena" "English"

First column is the command - must be exact, including the double quotes!

Second is the unique ID of the stadium that you got from the editor

Third is the name of the stadium - again must have the double quotes!

Fourth is the Language - again in double quotes.

Hope this helps those that have experienced the same problem..."

Think I will be giving this a try!!!! :)

Apologies, think I may have solved it from another thread I just found: FYI -

"Well I can certainly confirm that this works...

What happened was that in my 2016-17 season at Chelsea, we finally moved into "Zola Arena" However, after reloading a saved game, the stadium name had disappeared.

I don't know how you can get the stadium unique ID from the game itself, but by using an editor (such as Immuner's FMScout09), you can load the game, then (using this editor), select Teams -> enter the team name and double click on the search result - the first line on the rightmost pane gives you the ID of the ground.

Make a note of this, then go into your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db directory (I have set my own one up - not sure if this would be a part of the file structure if you're using the standard/default one) and there should be a folder called 'lnc' within the database folder.

Create a new file - MUST have a .lnc extension! - I've called mine 'chelsea.lnc') and in that file, using a text editor (notepad is good) type in the following:

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 2023039526 "Zola Arena" "English"

First column is the command - must be exact, including the double quotes!

Second is the unique ID of the stadium that you got from the editor

Third is the name of the stadium - again must have the double quotes!

Fourth is the Language - again in double quotes.

Hope this helps those that have experienced the same problem..."

Think I will be giving this a try!!!! :)

Thank you!!!

That has been bugging me for a while!!!

Think I may have stumbled across a problem or three with the above:

1) - I don't seem to have a 'db directory' file. Only a 'db' file.

2) - In that 'db' file, it shows a database I created only. Nothing to do with current game save.

3) - I don't know how to create a .Inc file

Anyone know how to solve these?

Think I may have stumbled across a problem or three with the above:

1) - I don't seem to have a 'db directory' file. Only a 'db' file.

2) - In that 'db' file, it shows a database I created only. Nothing to do with current game save.

3) - I don't know how to create a .Inc file

Anyone know how to solve these?

1. that'll be the one

2. click on it and then go into the 'lnc' folder

3. Make a file with notepad, and when you save it include .lnc on the end (that's LNC not INC btw), so it would read xxxxxx.lnc

1. that'll be the one

2. click on it and then go into the 'lnc' folder

3. Make a file with notepad, and when you save it include .lnc on the end (that's LNC not INC btw), so it would read xxxxxx.lnc

Ok, I have done this, but it still hasn't worked. I have tried re-loading the game also but that hasn't worked either.

When I click the 'db' folder, it only comes up with a database i created that i didn't use for this game save. Is that the problem? And if so, any ideas how to get around it?

This is so frustrating, lol. Gotta keep smiling though :)

Archived