The latter years in game

Hi,

Just wondered, what is the game like after 2030 or so? Once all trace of familiar names is gone.

Is it worth playing for that long and beyond?

I'm currently in 2017 with Blackpool. Feel I have acheived all I can in the game, with the exception of winning the World Cup.

Is there any point in continuing or shall I just start a new game? Is there anything to look forward to later into the game?

Open to ideas and critisisms :)

From my experience around 2020 is the worst part of the game as some players have some great superstars which were wonderkids at start of the game and now are superior and you have to find new players, but when all players are retired or too old it gets really exiting again...now I'm in season 2073/74 - it's the only save I've had. You can set yourself new challenges, I've managed major teams in top leagues, leading them to champions league glory, also managed some fallen giants or promising clubs from 2nd division back to the top, if you want you can also take clubs from even lower leagues, small ones or former giants, as there are always former clubs which slipped way down...

It's even better when you pick up a 17 yr old ST from Liverpool for 300k in 2015 and he scores the winning goal in the CL final 4 years later!

This is the best thing about long term games. You feel very satisfied when your 13k youngster is worth 26,000,000 a few years later. Shame it only seems to happen to AI when I play :( :(

I enjoy the game more, the longer into the future i get. As other have said, it's good fun seeing new players become the superstars of their generation and feeling a connection with your own regen players that you know are completely unique to your game. I also find the balance of the game is alot better once you only have regens, i don't think SI have quite managed to get regens to seamlessly fit into the FM world yet.

The furthest I have ever been in any FM is this one with Blackpool in 2017. My initial aim being getting a stadium named after me, now I have acheived this, I'm not sure what to do. Do I carry on or just start a new game? Is it worth continuing?

It sounds like there could be plenty more challenges in the future but I have always found it difficult to stay on one save.

Guest Von Scharpling

I think it's great playing later and later because the it really becomes your "world" with certain players becoming so important and big teams failing etc. The one problem is that it might get very slow though. Could a future feature be the ability to add yourself in at 2025 with a randomised player database?

The one problem is that it might get very slow though. Could a future feature be the ability to add yourself in at 2025 with a randomised player database?

Well, we already have the option to not use any real people at the start of a game.

That said, inserting ourselves later might be neat, to where we can still see real names but as staff, though that might be a little hard to predict.

The furthest I am right now is 2018 managing Braintree. Have to agree the game gets cooler as you go on. I especially love seeing previously small soccer nations rise up.

YES, it become much more interesting after 2015.

Sending my scouts all over the world, and bring back talents makes me feel good.

Also, at that time we may found some clubs underarchieving, take them to top tier, and challenge the tittle is always interesting.

I think it's great playing later and later because the it really becomes your "world" with certain players becoming so important and big teams failing etc. The one problem is that it might get very slow though. Could a future feature be the ability to add yourself in at 2025 with a randomised player database?

In FM2008 I used to holiday to 2017 (the year I turn 25) and add myself at different clubs just to see what it was like. Those were some great games.

I've always much preferred the game in later years when all the famous names have gone. The game feels yours and yours alone to play, there aren't thousands of other people playing a game remotely similar to yours. Different clubs and nations are top of the world, you have to really scout players to find good signings and you get a good chuckle out of seeing random big clubs going into administration.

In FM2008 I used to holiday to 2017 (the year I turn 25) and add myself at different clubs just to see what it was like. Those were some great games.

Now that is a great idea. Instead of ageing myself when I start a game I could start managing when I realistically could. I may try that. Thanks for the idea.

No it won't, unless the only thing you know about football is players names.

It's fairly obvious who the world class Spanish midfielder at Arsenal who players under the name of Enrique Initez is...

So that option only change the names of the players?? not re-generate all the players ??? :( I'm sad.

So that option only change the names of the players?? not re-generate all the players ??? :( I'm sad.

Sometimes it changes a player's nationality as well as his age and in rare cases his CA can change (his PA doesn't though). But you'll always be able to tell who is who by looking at squad numbers :)

Archived