CL final played at my home ground

Hey guys, I'm managing Real Madrid and at the start of the season it was announced that this seasons CL final will be played at the Bernabeu. I wondered at the time whether or not this would give me any slight advantage if I was to make said final, like a familiarity with the stadium despite the fact it's supposed to be neutral.

Now that I'm a good shot at making the final (I'm playing Juve in the semi), I'd like to know whether or not this will give me any advantage or if I should treat the match as if it wasn't being played there. :D

It hasn't happened to me yet in FM09, but I know that the team who owns the stadium was designated as a home team in earlier versions of FM/CM. I remember an old save I had in the dutch league with Feyenoord. The dutch cup final was always played on Amsterdam Arena, which is Ajax home pitch. So if I was to meet Ajax in the cup final the fixture list showed it as an away game ("A") and not a game played on a neutral venue ("N").

I did it at Ibrox as well playing as Rangers, although it was the Europa League, lost on penaltys' against Bayern Munich :(

Thought i had the game in the bag too being 2-0 up at half-time.

Since it only happened once it's hard to say if it gave me any sort of advantage.

Archived