Anyone think this would ever work

okay ppl, me and my brother are playing a network game and we are currently in 2018, im southport and he is lewes, basically ive read on these forums that after a while theres a chance of getting a son through the youth system.

now i saved it two days before we get a new intake of youth players and have tried loading the up a few times to see if either one of us would get a son through, but no luck so far. anyone done this before to try and gt a son through,would love to hear what people hear think the chances of this working??,thanks in advance

(Also is there a set amount of time before a son can become available,or required youth facilties, or amount of time being at the club, we have both been there from the start and we are both in premierleague now(both just got promoted last season))

i don't think there is a set amount of time before a son can become available, some people have gotten them very early on while others, like me, have never gotten one.

i know ive never had one but ive read on here and other places that its possible,going to keep trying loading it up for a while:)

Yep, it's totally random. It just depends how lucky you are. You can play for 4 or 5 seasons and get a son or you could play 40 or 50 seasons and never get one. Just ask dafuge ;) I'm still waiting for one myself too as i've never had a son in all the years of me CM/FMing. :(

Very slim chance of reloading / hoping to get one. In FM 08, I had the fortune of getting one (more likely relative considering I'm in my early 30s, with the same family name and me as his favourite personnel) coming through 1st season, 1st game. Edited him, made him the future captain of my club. :)

Since then, I have played ~50 seasons over many games, with countless reloadings on regen day (did so to get players of my nationality in my club) but no relatives / sons ever came up in my later games.

Archived