[Suggestion] - Stats/Data Query Tool

I'm sure somebody somehow brought this up in the past but I didn't see any reference to such thing.

I like statistic data. Very much!! I want to know every little thing going on in my club. Since FM is storing basically everything that is happening in the game, I would like to query it stuff I don't have on the screen or hidden in the menus. For example:

* How many goals did player X score since I joined the club?

* How many goals were scored by my substitute players this season?

* How many goals and assists does player X has in all the competitions in his lifetime? (Something I always wondered why isn't available by default)

* How many substitutions I did this year in league and Champions League.

etc, etc... I have hundreds of sample queries but I think you understand the point.

I don't know how you guys store this data in the save file (or elsewhere) but I would like to have a tool to query it. I'm not sure it is the simplest thing to do, but please consider it for the future.

Thanks...

I think its a good idea, considering this game is described as a 'glorified spreadsheet.' It would be good to have all this data available and in one place, and not just for match stats. Like you said, there should be stats available for just about anything.

Whilst its good in theory - think how much it would expand an already enormous database. As far as I'm aware the game isn't meant to draw a distinction between human and AI managers, meaning it'd have to be incorporated for every club in active leagues/competitions just like the stats currently in the game.

The one I do agree with, is a view tab on a players history to change league, cups, overall. But, the more and more fields added, the more memory that needs to be allocated to the save.

Whilst its good in theory - think how much it would expand an already enormous database. As far as I'm aware the game isn't meant to draw a distinction between human and AI managers, meaning it'd have to be incorporated for every club in active leagues/competitions just like the stats currently in the game.

The one I do agree with, is a view tab on a players history to change league, cups, overall. But, the more and more fields added, the more memory that needs to be allocated to the save.

Actually, wouldn't need to expand the database. All those questions there can be taken from the already avaiable data with SQL or SQL-like (don't know how the database works internally, so not sure exactly what language would be needed :p) queries. The difficult thing would be having a screen that adapts the human questions (maybe a format similar to the scouting one?) to the SQL queries that would bring up the answer to the question.

Archived