european super cup.....em..any point?

just about to play the "european supercup" or whateverit is against barcelona (maybe i qualified as i won champ league, i dont know). problem is its in mid september and my team is ravaged with injury and trialing by few points in league. had game on sat , this game is wed and the next league game sat....so is it worth pushing for? dothe board mind? what the h@ll is it lol

now you mention it i have, just never knew it was claled that lol. but in the game....is there much point for it? will my board be that botherd? worth risking player fitness over?

Unfortunately the board seem to be bothered about every competition now - you can see on the Competitions page what they expect though - chances are they may just say enjoy the experience of taking part.

Personally I couldn't give two hoots about the Champions League, but now my board do so I have to make sure I don't totally screw up there icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

You say the game is on Weds. but isn't it normally played on a Friday? At that poxy little stadium in Monte Carlo?

i love that stadium. it may be small but is the nicest looking stadium around. until pompey build their new ground that is.

Personally I couldn't give two hoots about the Champions League, but now my board do so I have to make sure I don't totally screw up there

You dont care about the Champions League! icon_eek.gif

Domestic title is always number one for me. If that is going well then I'll happily focus on Champions League, but only if we are champions - I can't be bothered with the Champions League if we aren't even champions of our own country!

I don't field weakened sides or anything, and Bremen even reached the semis in my first season, I just don't put a huge amount of effort into getting tactics right to take on tougher opponents than I generally get in the Bundesliga. Europe is boring icon_razz.gif

And with a record of p9 w5 d0 l4 so far this season at Bremen, bearing in mind we lost 4 games in the whole of last season in the league I think I have plenty to focus on in the league - 10 points behind Bayern Munich after 9 games wasn't quite how I envisaged this season so losing both Champions League games so far is something I couldn't care less about and I'll be happy if we finish 4th in our group...or at least 3rd and have a stab at UEFA cup instead of inevitably getting tanked by a Spanish team in the Champions League knockout phase!

Originally posted by andysharkey21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

You say the game is on Weds. but isn't it normally played on a Friday? At that poxy little stadium in Monte Carlo?

i love that stadium. it may be small but is the nicest looking stadium around. until pompey build their new ground that is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is nice looking but you need binoculars to see the pitch icon_smile.gif

yeah you are right nelson it was on a friday...and i decided i couldnt live life not fighting for everything lol. so put on good team and beat barca 2-0 with arsenal...good times. lol. but as turns out the game that ws scheduled on the sunday or monday (i forget but was few days after) was moved due to internationals! wish they would tell you about hese game movements in advance! grrrr

still...a nice shiny trophy in the cabinet to look at even if my board "expected" me to win it. i mean, its only barcelona lol

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysharkey21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

i love that stadium. it may be small but is the nicest looking stadium around. until pompey build their new ground that is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is nice looking but you need binoculars to see the pitch icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you sit at the back you can use 'em to watch the Grand Prix too! icon_razz.gif

is it brighton where the away fans sing "can you tell us when we score a goal" as the pitch is so far away.

any european super cup very pointless, see who the best club in europe is? that would be the champions league winners, not the winners of the best of the rest.

Champions League winners are rarely the best team in Europe so it's all irrelevant anyway - it's just an excuse for two big clubs to get yet more money and exposure unless the money goes to charity in which case it is fair enough.

Originally posted by glamdring:

Domestic title is always number one for me. If that is going well then I'll happily focus on Champions League, but only if we are champions - I can't be bothered with the Champions League if we aren't even champions of our own country!

I don't field weakened sides or anything, and Bremen even reached the semis in my first season, I just don't put a huge amount of effort into getting tactics right to take on tougher opponents than I generally get in the Bundesliga. Europe is boring icon_razz.gif

And with a record of p9 w5 d0 l4 so far this season at Bremen, bearing in mind we lost 4 games in the whole of last season in the league I think I have plenty to focus on in the league - 10 points behind Bayern Munich after 9 games wasn't quite how I envisaged this season so losing both Champions League games so far is something I couldn't care less about and I'll be happy if we finish 4th in our group...or at least 3rd and have a stab at UEFA cup instead of inevitably getting tanked by a Spanish team in the Champions League knockout phase!

Do your board not expect you to do well in the Champions League?

Archived