Which OS are we installing FM10 on?

Which OS are we installing FM10 on?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS are we installing FM10 on?

Just curious to see what people are installing on since Snow Leopard and Windows 7 are both available by the time FM is released.

I'm installing on Windows 7 on both laptop and desktop, both 64bit.

I'll not bother adding 64bit versions of Windows into the poll since it's not that relevant with FM being 32 bit.

I bought Vista just an year ago. Don't want to re-invest into other OS so quickly. As of now, it seems I'll be using Vista for few more years unless I get free copy of windows 7. :D

There's also chance I'll be moving to Mac in 2010.

It'll have an effect if you have an OS that needs a lot of RAM to run - the less RAM the OS is using, the more FM can use and so the better it'll run.

That is actually sort of a misleading statement.

Vista for example takes up a lot of RAM but if you have the 64 version and 4GB RAM (32 bit version doesn't recognize more then 3GB) then you should be fine.

Actually I think if you have 3 GB RAM FM should run just fine on Vista x86 too. Not too sure about that though because I have no experience with x86 OS.

Still though Windows 7 is a much better OS that takes far less space/power to run and should be able to use multi-core CPUs more effectively so upgrade if you can.

Sorry, what's Snow Leopard and how does it compare to Microsoft OS?

Its an updated MAC OS. How does it compare? It blows Microsoft's OS away. :D

Sorry I'll take my MAC fanboy hat off now. (However being that I use both extensively every day, I find I prefer the MAC operating systems more)

Archived