I THOUGHT OF THE BEST FM10 IDEA EVER: please read!!!!!!

The Australian A-League is set to add 2 new teams for the 2010-2011 season. One will be a Melbourne team and the other is not announced yet but will probably be from Canberra. I was thinking that they should be in FM10 from the start of the game and you'd have an entire season to build a team from absolute SCRATCH!

THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!

The Australian A-League is set to add 2 new teams for the 2010-2011 season. One will be a Melbourne team and the other is not announced yet but will probably be from Canberra. I was thinking that they should be in FM10 from the start of the game and you'd have an entire season to build a team from absolute SCRATCH!

THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!

It's an interesting idea, but I think that IRL what Canberra will be doing is securing the agreement of players on expiring contracts to play for them. No player would want to sign for a club that won't be competing for another year, because they lose a year of their careers, and they lose a lot of fitness too. Rather they'll just agree in principle to sign for Canberra a year on, when Canberra are actually about to play in the league. In addition, I suspect that once you'd got your players sorted by July you'd find waiting for the following March rather boring.

This challenge is quite possible already in the game, except without the "this is the club's first ever season" feeling. If you wait a season and take a newly-promoted English club in one of the Conference North/South divisions, they start with no staff and no usable players (only greys). Thus, you can build your own team entirely from scratch, as you seem interested in doing. I'd say that you'd find that just as interesting.

How would SI add them to the league if they cant do it at the outset. Currently, from what I understand, SI have no way of changing the numbers of teams in a league. Therefore a league cannot be set to have 12 teams first season and 14 the next. As such, as I previously said, I wouldn't expect to see either of these teams in the A League until FM11.

Also I'm not sure this counts as the 'best idea ever'.

• SI Staff
How would SI add them to the league if they cant do it at the outset. Currently, from what I understand, SI have no way of changing the numbers of teams in a league. Therefore a league cannot be set to have 12 teams first season and 14 the next. As such, as I previously said, I wouldn't expect to see either of these teams in the A League until FM11.

Also I'm not sure this counts as the 'best idea ever'.

It is possible to change league structures after a season etc and it already happens in the game.

With this example our license only covers the teams that are in the A-League for the current season so we can't add any expansion teams. The same applies to the MLS.

If you want to start from scratch then you can create a new team in the editor and put them in the lowest division and add yourself as manager if you really want to.

It is possible to change league structures after a season etc and it already happens in the game.

With this example our license only covers the teams that are in the A-League for the current season so we can't add any expansion teams. The same applies to the MLS.

If you want to start from scratch then you can create a new team in the editor and put them in the lowest division and add yourself as manager if you really want to.

My bad, I knew there was a reason that historically MLS and A League only had the teams from that season.

Thanks for clearing it up.

It's not the 'best fm10 idea ever!!!'... it IS a good idea though, I'll give you that.

fwiw - the best idea ever is to make Liverpool invincible ;)

The game is supposed to be realistic though and from what I have seen this season Liverpool are far from that !! Ha Ha...

I remember reading a really good thread regarding challenges - this would certainly be a great challenge, even if it's not included in the game - maybe create your own team and start them from scratch - in fact it could even be a new playing mode. Now that would be fun !

Archived