Question about reputation

Hi peeps I was just wandering after reading some stuff on another forum about Club Reputation and League Reputation.

Will someone care to explain to me what the differences are between the two? and I know League rep being static but how about club rep? E.g Im currently playing a really long game with West Brom :p Ive won the premiership 1 once over the course of 3 seasons and got into the Champions League first round knockout over the past 2 seasons. I was just wandering cuz my rep doesnt seem to increase as my players still want to move to a bigger club?

I mean theyre not exactly amazing + theyre all old.

Summarise if u start of with a small club and get them into the premiership will your reputation increase to be able to hold on to players and sign higher + better players?

There's a thread about the same issue here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=146448

In the end, yes, your club reputation will grow, but at a very slow pace. However you being part of EPL is a definite bonus, as you'll soon(ish) be up there with ManU & co. in terms of global reputation.

Sure, some of your players will still want to move to Real Madrid etc, but that happens even when you're managing Man U or Inter Milan

Club reputation is how well everyone knows about your club around the world, turned into a number (only viewable in the editor). It's there to simulate whether big world-class, or even mid-level players want to play for your club or if they think it's beneath them.

League rep is about how your league is viewed in the world, in a similar way, but is linked to the league's Coefficient. If you check this Wiki article it shows you how a league's Coefficient under the UEFA system determines how many teams they can send to which European competition. Other Confederations have a similar system. A league's rep may influence whether you sign players but more importantly it determines what your chances are of qualifying for the Champions League (i.e. because of how many places there are available for your country).

Having had this discussion a while ago, I realised it's actually possible to check the league coefficient in-game. Go to the Champions League page and click coefficients, there's a page for club coefficient and a page for leagues. Having learned this, I'm not so certain whether league reputation is fixed or not.

Archived