Some ME developments in FM10?

I'm speculating here. I'm not involved with FML, but I've been looking at their official blog site to get tips about what's likely to be in FM10. IT says that the latest incarnation of the FML ME will be the FM10 one and gives a list of changes. This should surely mean that these features will be in the FM10 engine. Although I've edited them to delete some fixes, some may be irrelevent to FM10, but there should be some points to ponder.

"Matches and match day - Added 'Floating' tactical duty, which is available for the full back, wing back and wide midfielder roles. By setting a player to this duty he will automatically switch between Defend, Support and Attack according to the match strategy. This is a more elegant way than previously by allowing the user explicit control over this functionality rather than the user potentially choosing D, S or A for one of these players and seeing the system change this automatically without the user's consent.

- Added new Trequartista role to the tactics system

- Added the following new formations to the defaults: 3-6-1, 4-2-3-1 Deep, 4-6-0

- Added support for new 'Wide Play' tactical player instructions that are newly introduced by the FM10 match engine allowing the user to specify 'Hug Touchline', 'Cut Inside' and 'Move Into Channels' instructions. These are set automatically where deemed appropriate by the new tactical system, but as with all other instructions, can be overridden as part of a player's 'Advanced Instructions' page. - Added two more touchline instructions: Play Even Safer (available only in conjunction with Contain match strategy), Take More Risks (available only in conjunction with Overload match strategy). Both adjust forward runs, dribbling and through ball settings to further fine tune these strategies.

- Added a number of additional touchline instructions to further expand the manager's virtual toolkit.

- Added 'Anchor Man' role to the tactical system, and tweaked the settings for the Defensive Midfielder role to be slightly more progressive than before, to reflect the new AM being very much the water carrier of the team.

- Added the ability to filter match clips by goal description.

- Added some preset touchline instructions to the shortcuts menu; these mirror the attacking/defensive styles available in match plans and allow these groups to be used manually too.

- Added attendance to the match report news items.

- Enhanced tactics creator to display the role and duty descriptions when selecting these elements of the tactics so it's possible to make a more informed choice at an earlier stage.

- For the Central Midfielder/Support role, lowered Long Shots instruction to 'Sometimes' from 'Often'

- Made the match report panel more intelligently remember its scrollbar position when the user is viewing it while the match is in-progress.

- Made some slight changes to the tactics creator UI; renamed 'Adjustments' to 'Playing Style' and moved the match strategy to the final step and renamed it as 'Starting Strategy'. The intention is to more clearly differentiate between the more static elements of a tactic (playing style, philosophy etc) and the more dynamic ones (match strategy).

- Made sure AI team preferred tactical traits match the phrases used in the tactics creator

- Made the Defensive Winger role also available in the M L/R and F L/R slots.

- Reduced 'Through Balls' setting for Ball-Winning Midfielders by one position (i.e. 'Often' becomes 'Sometimes' and 'Sometimes' becomes 'Rarely')

- Renamed 'Free Role' instruction to 'Roam From Position' which more accurately describes what it actually does

- Rewrote the philosophy descriptions for the tactics system

- Renamed 'Forward Runs' advanced player instruction to 'Run From Deep' as this better describes what it does and should go some way towards clearing up the confusion of Advanced Forward (and similar) roles having this instruction set to 'Rarely'. (sidesteps bug 4349 - Advanced Forward has forward runs set to rarely)

- Slightly reduced the number of injuries from 'sticking' after a match

- Tweaked the passing directness settings that the tactics creator specifies based on match strategy, passing adjustment and the get ball forward/retain possession touchline instructions.

- Tweaked 'Look For Overlap' touchline instruction, ensuring wide men (M, AM, F L/R) are set to hold up the ball (to give the full backs the chance to get forward). In addition, if there are no wide men then set the centre left/right central midfielder to hold up the ball instead.

- Tactics creator no longer sets long shots to anything other than 'Never' for the Sweeper Keeper role

- Tweaked tactics creator settings for wide play player instructions, and improved the Exploit The Flanks, Exploit The Middle, Clear Ball To Flanks, Pump Ball Into Box and Look For Overlap touchline instructions to make more sensible changes to the wide play (and other) instructions.

- Tweaked tempo and width settings as set by the tactics creator for different match strategies, so that there is still room for the player wider/narrower touchline instructions to have a further effect even under the most extreme match strategies (contain and overload)

- The tactics creator now sets some sensible defaults for attacking free-kicks and corners, ensuring all Defend duty players stay back, all Support duty players stay back if needed and all Attack duty players go forward. As with all the instructions, the user can override any of these automatic settings.

- Tactics creator now sets up sensible values for both defensive and attacking free kicks and corners, and throw-ins in dangerous areas. Also made the Inside Forward role available to the Attacking Midfield position and further tweaked the wide play (move into channels) options set by the tactics creator.

- When clicking on a player in the "PKD" column to pick him, use the red, orange, yellow and green circles to indicate the player's strength in each of the vacant positions in the tactics

- Wired up the new D/S/A tactic duty graphics to the formation panel.

- Wired up new highlighted player graphics on the tactics page (used to indicate which is the currently selected player)

- Where if you swapped a player with a playmaker role (advanced, deep-lying etc) with another player on the pitch, then the tactics creator wouldn't change the default playmaker to be the new player in the playmaker role.

- grouped related touchline instructions and added headings for each group, such as 'Control Passing', 'Control Space' etc. so it's a bit more user-friendly"

http://manual.fmlive.co.uk/?q=node/327

What version is the M.E up to now? I imagine quite a few versions ahead of 09's 9.3.0 patch?

This year SI have been able to 'beta' the ME by using it in FML. It's due to go to it's 3rd (I think) version in FML, which will be the one used in FM10, if I read the info correctly. Given constant testing by thousands of users, it should have far fewer bugs than usual. Also, I've been reading comments about problems with long-term FML games, something that SI have never really got to grips with before, so hopefully that will be better this time round.

This year SI have been able to 'beta' the ME by using it in FML. It's due to go to it's 3rd (I think) version in FML, which will be the one used in FM10, if I read the info correctly. Given constant testing by thousands of users, it should have far fewer bugs than usual. Also, I've been reading comments about problems with long-term FML games, something that SI have never really got to grips with before, so hopefully that will be better this time round.

fml has long term gameplay? i thought it was 1 or 2 big servers?

I mean players who started early are in their 11th or 12th seasons according to the blogs. They've picked up on regen and youth development issues.

thats good! i hope that the regens and youth development is great this time. and i hope the long term stadium issues and stuff is sorted out too.

Archived