Football Manager Documentary

recently made this documentary about football manager, would be brilliant if i could get some feedback on it from genuine fans of the game. obviously both positive and negative comments are more than welcome, and if possible show it to your mates/anyone else you know who likes the game.

much appreciated

The French football obsessive's hairstyle is a great throwback to 70s footballers. But why is he is in such a bland room? There should be football posters on the wall or some kind of back drop.

Also, I didn't like the amateurish cut outs of the footballers dubbed with your own voices. It made it look like it was made in 1991.

I think it would have been much better if you showed some clips of you actually playing the game. You talk so much about playing it so why not show that? For example, we could see your reaction to scoring a crucial goal, or having a player sent off. You need to show your passion, not tell it.

Enjoyed it, well done!

I agree with the earlier poster about the cut-out mouthing, it looks really poor. Initially I thought you'd be better off showing clips of the game but as you do that elsewhere you want to vary the visuals so perhaps you should show pics which relate to the voice-over (in a similar vein as you did when you showed a hotel whilst the voice-over said "...where is he going to stay?...").

Also there's a one bit where one of the guys is talking about a player having a car crash and you interspered that with a crash sound effect and visual of a smashed car. I thought that was a little crass, we're being told about a serious accident whilst the audio/visual almost makes light of it and makes it comedic. Don't think that's appropriate.

Also, when the names of the voice-over people came up I felt it faded away too quickly, and I wasn't comfortably able to catch what they did.

Finally (sorry, but you did ask for feedback!) the camera-work in the postmatch interviews is shaky, so maybe use a tripod.

Anyway, all said and done it was an enjoyable watch.

Love the documentary, is it for a university project or did you just do it for fun?

I suddenly realised at the end of it, that you were talking about the same team I am currently managing, Sannois. I went unemployed and they were the first to offer me a job. Hopefully I can improve their fortunes and replicate your success!

thanks very much everyone, good to get some constructive feedback from some fans of the game. Abaddon879 - yeah it was done for a university project, but helped that it was fun to make. And KingKenny - all duly noted, i agree with the car crash bit having watched it in hindsight, but at the time it seemed inspired. Also AbsoluteGenius i agree that we needed some more in-game footage in but unfortunately the technology we had available limited us in that respect. Same with the cut-out, more reminiscent of somebody's home made video of a song they like rather than a uni project. Again with more thought video clips may have been better used i.e a clip of a youth team match...

once again though thanks everyone for such positive feedback, if you know anyone else who might want a watch/have any vague interest in the video then hook them up

The French football obsessive's hairstyle is a great throwback to 70s footballers. But why is he is in such a bland room? There should be football posters on the wall or some kind of back drop.

just noticed this as well. we would of loved to have moved this particular interview into the managers office at the Memorial Ground, but due to the quality of interview we got, we couldn't risk re-filming it so left it in the original setting. was a case of the interview being too good to re-capture, so unfortunately the visual integrity took one for the team

Good documentary which sums up my thoughts on the game and reminds me of my wonderful Champions League winning save with Norwegian minnows Hammerfest. Agree with others on the cut out mouths though.

Archived